Vice President - Business Development
The Vice President- Business Development will be responsible for significantly increasing revenue from new and existing clients that leverage the portfolio of Discovery's assets including, digital, VR, data products, branded content and consumer products.
1. Lead the development of creating revenue target goals for new or existing clients based on industry research and trends
2. Develop strategic and customized packages that meet the business and marketing needs of clients
3. Provide overall strategic direction and articulate a clear understanding of clients' objectives, strategies, insights, and category information
4. Work closely with existing cross functional teams to execute sold campaigns
5. Prospect and cultivate relationships with potential new clients in strategic categories
6. Identify prospects and research clients' business Utilizing syndicated research tools and work with insights team to formulate perspective client business needs
7. Generate ideas, craft customized programs, draft presentations that tell a compelling story and pitch to clients
8. Manage communication with client/agency and internal constituents in order to secure flawless execution
9. Fluently represent Discovery's assets in the marketplace including linear, digital, VR, licensing, branded content
Strong consultative selling skills and demonstrated ability to develop client relationships at senior levels such as key decision makers at the Marketing level and above.
Highly creative and possess the initiative to pro-actively develop and execute partnerships to fulfill Discovery's corporate objectives.
Excellent people skills and be able to work with other members of the sales force and other Discovery departments.
Strong analytical skills and 15+ years related advertising/sales or client marketing experience.
College degree a must.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top