The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong background in talent management and a passion for finding new creators and helping existing talent on an individual level.
With a rapidly growing boutique roster of creators across adventure, exploration, science and Virtual Reality (VR) categories, the Talent Manager will be main point of contact to discover emerging talent, then foster support, surface brand sponsorship opportunities, provide tools and channel analytics, and catapult new talent to our growing audiences while considering long-term opportunities to incubate emerging talent for the larger portfolio within Discovery Communications.
Whether representing Discovery Digital Networks on the road at conferences and meetups, or managing the day-to-day developing talent’s channel requests and programming ideas – this will be a multi-faceted role that will require excellent interpersonal skills, time and task management while providing opportunity for incredible growth while helping build a new multimedia company with giant ambitions.
This position will be based in Los Angeles, CA or San Francisco, CA.
About Discovery Digital Networks: Discovery Digital Networks is made up of Seeker and SourceFed Studios. With over 300 million monthly views, DDN is reaching young, influential audiences around the world through daily programming, weekly series, premium web-docs & live online events.
1. Scout and identify new talent on a monthly basis; consult with internal stakeholders to vet and greenlight prospective talent
2. Negotiate contracts with new and existing talent, working with business affairs/legal to ensure timely execution
3. Spearhead new talent onboarding process
4. Serve as main POC between talent and network, including:
5. Contracts, payments, channel onboarding
6. Sponsorship structures
7. Publishing frequency / schedule
8. Show performance, Audience Development/channel building
9. Ongoing coaching on best practices
10. Sales opportunities, weighing in on custom ideas with development team, ensuring talent’s involvement in branded content
11. Facilitate collaborations, guest hosting, meetups
12. Build connections within network of influencers
13. Monthly meetings with audience development to identify opportunities for cross-promotion across our affiliate’s episodes
14. Maintain show earnings and performance documentation
15. Serve as internal POC for show performance/evaluations; present recommendations to internal teams based on affiliate performance trends
16. Maintain talent social log – keeping up with affiliate news/milestones/travels, and stay ahead of social conversations; Partner with PR on appropriate gifts
17. Surface weekly/monthly channel highlights for programming/sales/management
18. Source influencers to collaborate, share and guest host – with a goal to drive engagement and viewership across our core shows
19. Ongoing relationship management of our current affiliate talent partners
3+ years of experience managing digital talent
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Extensive email/task management skills
Background knowledge of video production
Familiarity with MCN’s and top YouTube talent
Creative thinker than can articulate big ideas, understand long-term strategy
Experience working with Creative Development teams
Experience with CRM
A proactive approach to work
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top