SVP Emerging Platforms and Partnerships
For over 30 years Discovery, the world’s #1 pay-TV programmer, has been satisfying curiosity and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its global brands. And now we are leading the VR content space bringing together emerging technology with the storytelling we are known for, as we build a vision for the future. We are looking for an innovative and driven Senior Vice President of VR and Social Partnerships to lead strategy, programming and production for the Discovery VR brand portfolio along with managing our strategy for enterprise social initiatives and new partnerships.
This experienced media executive will:
- Bring a proven track record building, managing and scaling video/VR initiatives at a major media company, driving views on O&O and across all platforms, growing audiences at scale and monetizing in the digital space – as well as having a knack for developing and programming thrilling content.
- Collaborate with Distribution, Strategy and Technology teams to develop, execute and monetize a clear distribution strategy for VR content, including platforms, windowing, and exclusivity decisions
- Optimize VR across existing platforms – both in terms of usage and revenue – developing and steering an end to end VR content strategy that drives best practices throughout the organization.
- Be responsible for overseeing and scaling distribution and content partnership opportunities with platforms such as Oculus, Vive, HoloLens and all emerging opportunities.
- Lead content strategy, develop and manage production resources for any new and emerging OTT products.
- Provide strategy and thought leadership to test, measure, and scale social opportunities.
- Engage with social influencers and accurately translate their relevance to internal brands and marketing initiatives.
1. Own the Discovery VR /AR P&L and operate in fiscally responsible manner.
2. Accelerate the momentum: Improve current concepts, show formats, original in-house productions, commissioned productions, and our brand identity.
3. Help build, establish, and scale the in-house team, including studio and business development / revenue capabilities.
4. Manage the creative direction of original VR content for Discovery VR as well as across the Discovery brand portfolio.
5. Drive the full stack business - content development, production, programming, product, distribution and revenue components.
6. Partner with Ad Sales to drive monetization for new VR initiatives.
7. Handle several projects and timeframes concurrently, leading the team with confidence and optimism to produce polished results on time and on budget.
8. Develop ideas from inception to execution, and make intelligent decisions that drive Brand, Audience, and Revenue; and not always in the same order.
9. Recruit, develop and lead a top performing digital team
10. Be a brand ambassador globally for Discovery VR and an industry thought leader
11. Act as a strategic advisor to digital senior management team, effectively voicing fact-based insights and recommendations on issues relating to business goals and strategies
Audacity and disruptive thinking with a bias for action.
Instinctual AND data-driven.
Strength in translating big ideas into producible concepts, and aligning others to execute.
Deep understanding and passion for the VR landscape and value chain from financing through production, distribution and monetization.
Intrinsic understanding of the Discovery brand portfolio and the types of content that engage our passionate audiences.
Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
Someone who truly aspires to be the leading global voice in VR.
Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top