SVP - Digital Distribution
The Domestic Distribution Team is responsible for driving revenue and expanding the reach of Discovery’s content across all platforms in the US. It distributes Discovery’s 12 networks and the Oprah Winfrey Network in the US and TLC and AHC in Canada. In addition, the team distributes Discovery’s short and long-form content on MVPD and digital platforms.
Discovery is seeking a highly motivated professional to lead its digital distribution efforts in the United States. Working with the leadership of Domestic Distribution and reporting to the President of Domestic Distribution, this person will develop Discovery’s content distribution strategy with all digital distributors and partner with MVPDs on their digital distribution initiatives. The SVP of Digital Distribution will be key to driving our digital distribution strategy in growing revenue, expanding the reach of Discovery’s content across all platforms, and in creating value for our distribution partners through a variety of business models, including TVE, VOD, mobile, SVOD and AVOD, EST, and OTT. This person will lead the Digital Syndication team, working closely with our network groups in developing and implementing a digital content strategy. In addition, the position is a dotted line into the Chief Commercial Officer, working very closely with Discovery’s digital team, providing strategic guidance and helping to implement the goals our digital group, including further growth of Seeker and SourceFed. The SVP of Digital Distribution will manage a team of experienced dealmakers, marketers and operational experts.
1. Lead digital distribution strategy with MVPDs and digital distributors.
2. Lead implementation of digital distribution strategy with all distributors.
3. Possess a deep understanding of the distribution marketplace, the goals and strategies of digital distributors, and of the content that drives viewership and affinity across each platform.
4. Lead the Digital Syndication team.
5. Partner closely with the digital media team.
6. Collaborate with ad sales to expand advertising opportunities across digital media platforms.
7. Work closely with networks to optimize content offerings to support revenue growth and deepen consumer affinity to our brands and content.
8. Work with teams across Discovery to develop, execute and communicate digital distribution strategy.
9. Serve as the lead negotiator working with digital distribution team, Legal, Finance and Domestic Distribution, where appropriate, to establish and extend business relationships.
10. Maintain top level relationships with digital distributors, developing a deep understanding of their priorities in order to maximize the value of DCI’s content. Responsible for establishing and maintaining partnerships across the spectrum of digital distributors to maximize value of our content and brands on these platforms.
11. Maintain top level relationships with MVPDs, developing a deep understanding of their priorities in order to maximize the value of DCS’s content. In particular, champion Discovery’s TVE strategy, expand VOD opportunities, and partner with MVPDs on their digital media initiatives.
12. Collaborate with new product groups, programming, marketing and local ad sales to develop a clear understanding of how new products will be utilized by MSOs and create a partnership model to establish and maintain a presence for DCI across these varied disciplines.
13. Provide internal Discovery groups with marketplace updates.
14. Brief senior management on new developments in the MVDP and digital marketplace.
15. Collaborate with Domestic Distribution marketing to support TVE, VOD and digital media initiatives of MVPDs.
16. Manage the digital distribution team.
An unparalleled understanding of the digital media marketplace.
Experience in driving revenue and building business partnerships.
Excellent knowledge of the pay television marketplace.
Deep relationships across variety of distributors.
Accomplished and respected industry veteran with over 10 years of experience. Prior roles leading operations, business development and marketing highly desirable and beneficial.
Strategic thinker and an excellent negotiator with a proven track record.
Possess tremendous drive and energy.
Willing to travel 50% of the time.
Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player.
Must have experience managing a team.
Undergraduate degree required.
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top