SVP- Development & Production
The Senior Vice President, Development & Production will serve as a key strategic member of TLC’s Development & Production team, contributing to all planning, content direction, innovative new program development, re-invigorating tent-pole series, and responsible for executing programming strategies through the development process with production skills playing a role in budgeting and program development.
1. Oversee the development of original programming and creative elements for TLC, including pilots/specials, presentation reels, series, and working closely with the core key senior management to push ratings growth.
2. Drive the development of groundbreaking new content as well as research, conceive and create fresh new ideas in all spaces – including non-fiction, events, and possibly scripted.
3. Review treatments, sizzles, and other materials for development and production.
4. Evaluate proposals, producer’s work, and refine editorial content as needed in preparation for greenlight meetings and production.
5. Develop and maintain relationships with independent producers, production companies, external agents; solicit topics from prospective production companies.
6. Present projects and solicit international interest through internal buy-in process.
7. Inform and involve internal divisions on projects throughout all stages of the pipeline to maximize their value to the company. (Marketing, Communications, Digital, Ad Sales, Research)
8. Maintain adherence and accountability for aspects of TLC’s editorial, budgetary, and production standards as well as contractual requirements for programming.
9. Represent TLC at key programming markets, conventions and other functions as designated by the EVP.
10. Function as additional executive producer on select projects; may be called upon to write, rewrite, produce as needed.
11. The position requires strong management and collaborative skills to oversee personnel in three key areas: Los Angeles, NYC, and Silver Spring.
12. Strong verbal presentation skills, super strong urgency and organization skills, and excellent senior management relationships, The position requires oversight of personnel in three key areas: Los Angeles, NYC, and Silver Spring.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
15+ years hands-on development and production experience in general entertainment, with emphasis on prior network experience with female skewing demographics as it’s primary audience.
Strong experience managing a large team, juggling myriad personalities and skills. Ability to mentor and communicate closely with personnel.
Proven record of demonstrated creativity with a very strong track record of generating new ideas and translate them into high-quality content that has broken ground. Exemplary ratings on programs.
An independent thinker and idea-generator who is also a team player.
Foster a collaborative work environment and develop, mentor, and nurture development team
Understand and ability to perform budget forecasting and oversight. Understands how to crunch and evaluate budget numbers on budget submissions working closely with PMD and Production on evaluating budgets.
Proficiency in TV production economics and management.
Ability to manage outside producers, build credibility and strong working relationships with other internal executives and generate commitment to goals.
Knowledge of all aspects of contemporary production and post-production capabilities.
Outstanding editorial judgment and creative abilities, strong verbal and written communications skills, and demonstrated leadership skills.
Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top