SVP - Creative Director
The SVP, Creative Director is part of the chief commercial organization, which is responsible for monetizing Discovery’s intellectual property. This role leads the development of branding and creative for the divisions that are part of the CCO organization. Additionally, this position oversees all strategic and creative campaigns across the sales, digital and Discovery Global Enterprises (DGE) organizations to ensure maximum revenue potential.
1. Determine marketing strategies for the CCO organization based on the ad sales, digital and DGE business strategies and priorities.
2. Lead the Ad Sales, Digital and DGE marketing teams.
3. Direct, lead and motivate multi-disciplinary teams.
4. High-level face-to-face interaction with clients and internal teams.
5. Provide thoughtful creative leadership that impacts the teams’ way of conducting business on a day-to-day and long-term basis.
6. Produce intelligent and on-strategy creative solutions that reflects brand personality of Discovery, business partners and clients.
7. Work with sales, digital and DGE to maximize revenue potential of all initiatives.
8. Develop creative strategy for large events and experiences
9. Oversee the creation of formats, budgets, and staffing requirements
Candidate must have at least 15-20 years of creative ideation and strategic execution experience within the advertising industry
In-depth knowledge of TV, digital and social landscape
Experience connecting consumers with brands
Experience leading creative teams
New York based
Strong relationships within production
Agency experience a plus
Some travel will be required
College degree required
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top