Supervisor, Intl Media Logistics
The Media, Technology, Planning & Operations (MTP&O) team is responsible for building and operating world class media technology and systems that support Discovery’s business offerings and long term strategy. This is a critical function within the Discovery Latin America Media Logistics team which ensures seamless coordination and delivery of content to our Latin American channels and is responsible for localizing material for regional air through the coordination of delivery, technical evaluation, language customization and graphics customization.
1. Lead, motivate, and manage Coordinators.
2. Liaise with Language Customization, Programming, PMD and all other users of regional content to provide timely delivery of content.
3. Implement efficient workflows to track media in Discovery systems and move the media through distribution, including fulfillment post production, closed captioning and languaging.
4. Inform Programming, Language Customization, and PMD of program status by updating systems, issuing status reports and participating in meetings.
5. Effectively manage relationships with external vendors in accordance with Discovery’s best financial and operational interests.
6. Work in partnership with International Media Logistics (IML) and other content providers, to create efficient workflows and to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise with technical compliance, file transfers and other stages in the process.
7. Collaborate with other Media Logistics supervisors on all media workflow prioritization and timelines.
8. Collaborate and communicate effectively with Post Production, Broadcast Ops and all other impacted departments to ensure a successful DLA/United States Hispanic (USH) channels performance.
9. Maintain a balanced and effective distribution of responsibilities amongst coordinators.
10. Deliver activity, volume and performance reports as needed.
11. Maintain, enforce, and mature standard operating procedures.
12. Maintain tools, resources and processes to ensure that accurate program asset metadata exists and is recorded for all regional media.
13. Escalate risks and issues to management as needed
14. Assist DLA-ML on various tasks, research/analysis and special projects as needed or assigned.
3-5 years’ experience with post production, broadcast operations, and/or log operations highly preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, television, film, media, logistics, or operations highly preferred.
Bi-lingual or tri-lingual (Spanish, English, Portuguese) highly preferred.
Solid technical background with knowledge and understanding of multiple media platforms.
Strong working knowledge of post-production environment, standards, and equipment preferred.
Work experience within the media/tech industry preferred.
Strong work ethic and positive attitude with ability to lead and handle high volume projects and tasks.
Superior organizational skills with a high degree of flexibility, attention to detail, and ability to respond to changing priorities, timelines, and deadlines.
Self-learner, independent, with outstanding problem-solving skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize effectively.
Experience with Microsoft Suite to include: Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
Experience using MediaFlex system is highly preferred.
Experience leading an initiative or team as a manager or supervisor with the ability to mentor, develop, motivate, delegate, and initiate change
Occasional business travel may be required.
This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top