Sr. Research Analyst
Provide support to the Animal Planet Research team by compiling and analyzing traditional ratings metrics, as well as industry intelligence and competitive information about the marketplace.
1. Manage all aspects of APL Nielsen program lineups. Entering the correct information is critical to remit on our advertising deals. It also impacts how our lineups appear in both internal systems (i.e, Daily Blast) and external systems used by competitive nets, industry trades, etc
2. Enter program and trackage names on a daily basis for all titles in network lineups. Closely monitor schedule changes.
3. Coordinating with programming to ensure premieres/repeats are correctly identified as well as program types (special, repack, reload, etc)
4. Coordinate with ad sales and other departments to ensure lineups are accurate. Nielsen charges $300+ for each error
5. Accounts for approximately 60% of time
6. Assist in daily, weekly and monthly recurring reporting
7. Create and maintain tools to track and trend L3 data and other new data sources
8. Assist in ad hoc ratings analysis and requests (i.e, competitive write-ups, minute by minute analysis, etc)
3+ years of experience
Solid quantitative skills through job experience or coursework
A proven ability to quickly learn and utilize new systems and software tools
Strong Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
Passion for research and the media business
Familiarity with TV and Online Metrics a plus (Nielsen, comScore, etc.)
* Legal right to work in the U.S.
Back to top