Sr Manager Learning & Development
Discovery’s Human Resources team provides leading edge solutions to support the growth, development and overall health of our organization. Our group partners closely with the business to anticipate and deliver programs, products and solutions to keep our talent engaged and our company competitive.
Reporting to Discovery’s Sr. Director – Learning & Development, this position will play a critical individual contributor and program management role in Discovery’s efforts to leverage development, learning and growth as a competitive advantage.
1. Design/author and deliver new and existing learning content to support the development of the business. This will include both instructor-led and online modes. Subject matter will include management, team effectiveness, business knowledge and corporate practices.
2. Provide individual coaching to key talent, including the use of 360-degree assessments and/or other psychometric tools.
3. Act as learning and development point of contact for one or more business operations or revenue-critical teams, tailoring and crafting learning solutions to their particular needs.
4. Review the content of learning interventions; re-construct or re-purpose content into multiple forms of delivery, whether ILT, online, blended, or other means.
5. Provide key support and, when necessary, program management to global initiatives (e.g. Mentorship program, Performance Management, Global Survey, LMS Administration etc.)
6. Other duties and tasks as assigned or emerge in this role.
At least seven years’ experience within a Training / Learning role, preferably in the for-profit arena, with practical experience in developing and implementing “blended learning” solutions preferred
Demonstrated skill and experience consulting with key business operations and revenue-generating functions
Demonstrated skill and experience designing and delivering management and leadership learning and development solutions. Experience directly managing staff preferred.
Advanced degree in Business or a HR/Learning and Development or related discipline required
Demonstrated instructional design capability, both through formal training and practical on-the-job application. Experience with online designs preferred
Demonstrated platform training, facilitation and presentation skills
Demonstrated ability to champion and implement innovative solutions to critical business learning challenges
Creative and innovative thinker; looks for engaging solutions to improve program effectiveness, talent development and employee engagement.
Excellent MS Office skills, especially PowerPoint, preferably at an advanced level (incorporating sound, video, embedded files, custom animations).
Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably with people of different levels and backgrounds
Excellent consulting and collaboration skills
Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials, articulate goals and action plans
Experience achieving results in a fast paced, ambiguous, dynamic environment.
Must have legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top