Sr Director - Executive Producer
We are looking for a sharp, creative, highly-motivated Executive Producer/Senior Director to join the Discovery Communications Digital Team that will act as a senior level creative and business presence in the LA office across Discovery Channel. The role is laser focused on growing the brand, reach, and engagement across digital and social platforms.
The Senior Director will be primarily responsible for partnering with cross-functional network executives, developing and implementing the creative vision for the Discovery Channel network brands and shows across digital/social, including websites, mobile, and social platforms. Role will require building audience and engagement, tracking analytics and growth. He or she will lead, produce, maintain and manage dozens of initiatives and stakeholders at a time while directing implementation of a team of content strategists / producers.
1. Think and operate both strategically and tactically – prioritize, multi-task, and manage projects and resources efficiently against tight deadlines within budget and resource capacities
2. Collaborate with cross-functional leadership (sales, PR, programming, marketing, TV production, legal & business affairs, video, product) to drive promotional support, traffic and monetization efforts of digital and social platforms
3. Develops and edits content through an established brand filter, collaborates and/or oversees internal and external video teams and editors to produce compelling video and content optimized for digital and social platforms, and have strong writing and editing skills
4. Defines audience development strategy and priorities and social/digital distribution strategy across Discovery Channel branded experiences.
5. Provides leadership across stakeholders, both internal (portfolio networks, international, digital distribution, ad sales, PR, programming, marketing, TV production, legal & business affairs, video, product)and external (talent, freelancers, agencies, production company partners)
6. Manages and develops a team of high performing direct reports, as well as freelance social media /interactive producers, agencies, contractors and vendors to create content with a data driven approach
7. Stays current with latest technology, applications, and companies to maintain high level of content/experience that keeps pace with audience expectations and helps define business requirements for 3rd party technology and solutions partners and providers
8. Monitors consumer feedback and audience trends and advises appropriate internal departments accordingly in addition to adjusting online editorial content as necessary
9. Coordinates and works closely with ad sales and marketing teams to maximize revenue opportunities and develop new, unique sponsorship opportunities
10. Ensures that all editorial content published to the Web site(s) has been cleared legally and meets the standards of the Discovery Channel
10+ years’ experience in network or cable TV, digital, online/interactive media or equivalent
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Social/Digital Media, Journalism, Communications or related field
Proficiency with MS Office suite, online tracking/reporting tools (Omniture, Google Analytics, Comscore, Social measurement) performance metrics and analytics, online content management and publishing systems
Bridges creative and logic; provides editorial and creative guidance under budget and time constraints, prioritizes efforts and budgets to achieve optimal results
Strong track record in growing social accounts and audience development
Savviness with working and collaborating alongside multiple stakeholders and share ownership of projects
Confident and assertive demeanor when partnering with executive-level stakeholders
Strategic thinking, management to data/results and business acumen is a must
Ability to multitask; juggle multiple projects and priorities
Experience in managing a team and working in a matrixed environment
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top