Specialist Partnership Design & Dvelpmt
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Discovery Education’s Corporate Education Partnerships (CEP) team works as a full-service strategic agency creating corporate-sponsored educational engagement programs and materials for use in schools throughout the country. CEP is responsible for developing, selling in, and executing engaging school-based programs with Fortune 500 companies, trade associations, non-profits, foundations, and government agencies, in concert with the goals and priorities of the Education Division and the company.
Specialist, Partnership Design & Development is responsible for the ideation, design and development of both upsell and renewing program concepts, proposals, and pricing—in concert with the CEP Account Services team, and in support of CEP revenue targets.
1. Develop, craft and write solution-oriented, clear, compelling, and creative program concepts, presentations and proposals for multiple renewing/upsell program topics/verticals (includes writing, concepting, research and presentation design/development)
2. Develop persuasive and visually appealing sales and marketing collateral, including presentations, case studies and digital brochures
3. Communicate the status of proposal completion; ensure fast turnaround of deliverables while managing multiple open projects
4. Coordinate with Operations and Client Services teams on program pricing that achieves margin targets
5. As needed, consult with and integrate input from Marketing, Curriculum, Discovery Educator Network and other teams across the division to develop concepts that will be meaningful to educators and successful in schools
6. Understand internal and external stakeholder objectives and collaborate across departments
7. Demonstrate a proactive, “problem solving-solution oriented” approach
8. Perform other related duties, as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study (communication, business, marketing, etc.)
Must have experience and comfort within a fast-paced professional environment communicating creative concepts and writing compelling proposals that reflect client priorities
Demonstrating a core understanding of digital marketing tools, techniques, and social strategies
Exceptional written skills
Exceptional attention to detail
Strong verbal communication skills
Strong design aesthetic
Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads
Proficient in PowerPoint and Keynote
Strong literacy in Word, Pages and Excel
Self-starter but collaborates well in a team environment
Must be willing to travel (up to 20%)
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top