Specialist- Digital Ad Operations
The Digital Ad Operations Specialist role at Discovery Communications is a great opportunity to be part of an innovative team responsible for executing advertiser flights across multiple distribution platforms (web/mobile/apps/OTT). Our content offerings include the flagship networks of Discovery Channel, TLC, and Animal Planet, as well as many other premium cable television and digital pure play properties.
The energetic pace of our industry offers many exciting opportunities for growth and development. This position is responsible for implementation and maintenance of high profile sponsor campaigns comprised of complex targeting and a variety of rich media creative formats. We strive to ensure the best possible user experience for our consumers while satisfying the goals of our advertising clients.
1. Solicit creative materials from agency contacts per established specs.
2. Follow and uphold advertising operations processes and conventions.
3. Screen and test submitted creative to ensure compliance with site and technical specifications. Assess targeting and technical integration needs prior to flight. Integrate campaign tracking components.
4. Review contracts and communicate with Sales Planners and agency/client counterparts via email and phone to ensure accurate booking and timely implementation of deal elements.
5. Actively monitor campaigns to completion and execute any flighting changes pertaining to the delivery and/or implementation of creative.
6. Send confirmation of live campaigns to sales and agency/client. Organize and maintain all communication pertaining to contracts.
7. Partner with Ad Ops management, sales, agencies, development, product, and marketing teams to resolve ad issues and optimize campaign performance based on client goals.
Minimum 2 years experience in digital ad operations
Deep understanding of web architecture and digital advertising processes
Expertise working with the leading digital ad servers (Freewheel a plus)
Knowledge of digital media ad technologies (HTML5, Flash, 3rd party ad tags, etc.)
Experience using debugging tools such as Charles
Excellent attention to detail
Strong quantitative analysis and creative problem solving skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Able to multitask in a deadline driven environment
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top