Specialist Customer Success
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Discovery Education builds strategic partnerships with schools and districts, transforming teaching and learning through the implementation of engaging standards-based K-12 digital curriculum, intensive professional development, and connections to the global community.
The Specialist, Customer Success is the primary post-sale point of contact for Discovery Education’s district and school partners, responsible for partner onboarding, and ensuring seamless integration and deep usage of Discovery Education services. The Specialist builds strong and productive relationships with schools and districts, facilitates effective internal and external activity & communication, and clearly demonstrates the educational impact of Discovery Education’s services.
The Specialist works virtually (via phone, web-based conferencing, and other tools) with school and district stakeholders to define goals and metrics for success in order to inform strategic plans. The plans cover the functional, technical and operational tactics related to Discovery Education’s services as well as broader strategies covering user management, stakeholder communication, professional development, instructional usage, community and in-person events. The Specialist works across the school and district to bring the plan to life, continually assesses the progress of the partnership, and makes adjustments and recommendations as necessary to achieve the goals throughout the lifecycle.
Develop strategic plans in collaboration with districts
1. Partner with school and district contacts to evaluate and establish district goals and set measurable objectives
2. Develop comprehensive plans that include technology, customer support, professional development, service usage, community-building, data, and communications
3. Collaboratively establish structured rollout plans including user management, Professional Development support, and stakeholder communications
4. Ensure execution on contracted deliverables
5. Develop strategies to integrate Community and Professional Development into rollout plans
6. Coordinate planning and execution with Professional Development, Global Community, Account Services, and Partnerships Teams
7. Represent Professional Development for selected accounts, working with the school/district to identify and select from Discovery Education’s established program of courses to meet district goals
8. Establish and build strong, trusting relationships with key post-sale contacts including Curriculum and Instruction, Technology, Accountability, Senior Leadership
Execute and monitor plans to ensure successful partnerships
9. Execute implementation plans, driving timely execution of contracted deliverables and deep, effective product usage throughout the lifecycle of the partner
10. Coordinate the booking and delivery of the Professional Development courses within the plan for selected districts
11. Measure progress against established checkpoint goals, adjust the plan as necessary to ensure success
12. Work collaboratively with the implementation point of contact to identify barriers and develop strategies to ensure success as specified in goals
13. Analyze usage reporting to identify trends and message trends to partners along with concrete plans to address negative trends
14. Interpret, prioritize, communicate, and manage partnership requests and issues both internally and with partners
15. Effectively manage assigned partners by evaluating account health and prioritizing outreach efforts
16. Provide on-going account support
17. Document and communicate resolutions and known issues to external and internal customers
18. Act as the Discovery Education product expert, providing customers with product support and training via e-mail, phone, and/or webinar
19. Identify accounts that are in jeopardy due to persistent technical or account issues and escalate, providing recommended course of action to restore customer satisfaction
20. Identify potential ways to grow the partnership based on school/district goals and communicate opportunities back to the partnerships team
Bachelor’s degree required.
2-4 years of experience in K-12 education and/or account management
Teaching, instructional coordinator/specialist, or administrator level experience are a plus
Knowledge and experience with digital media and demonstrated understanding of the changing role of digital media in learning
Strong PC skills, with a high level of proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and web 2.0 platforms. Salesforce Experience is a plus.
Knowledge of Internet concepts (bandwidth, video streaming, etc.)
Extremely well organized and detail oriented, with strong project management and analytical skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ambitious, dedicated and passionate individual, with a strong desire to achieve.
A “can do” attitude to everyday challenges, motivated and target driven.
Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
Demonstrate a “problem solving- solution oriented” approach.
Must be proactive and excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top