Specialist- CEP Business Operations
The CEP team develops strategic, custom-published education solutions with like-minded corporations, non-profits, government agencies, foundations and trade associations that are delivered to schools and families. CEP programs support whole-child education and provides dynamic real-world learning opportunities for students nationwide.
The Business Operations specialist partners with all CEP stakeholders, from Ideation and Sales, to Account Services, the IT, web development and creative teams, to optimize the systems and processes that support program delivery.
1. Support the sales and Ideation teams by defining project scope and implementation specifics early in the sales cycle.
a. Coordinate with the Ideation and Sales teams to define program offerings and concepts, prepare budgets, and review sales proposals.
2. Work with the Director of Business and Marketing Operations on
a. Sales pricing –
i. keep historical pricing and actuals updated
ii. support defining new product offerings in terms of scope and cost
b. Prepare business documents and reports to communicate state of the business, budget performance against plans
c. Analyze and recommend new business operations processes or initiatives
d. Create reporting and dashboards for key metrics to illustrate progress against goals
e. Work cross functionally with the Internal sales and account teams, external vendors, finance, marketing and legal departments to document and define initiatives and drive them through execution
3. Proactively seek and research new vendors to ensure the CEP team has a solid stable of reliable and talented partners, resources and freelancers.
4. Support procurement efforts to secure vendors and consultants for a host of project needs, including: content creation, design, video production, marketing, web and interactive development services.
a. Draft RFPs and RFQs
b. Evaluate vendor responses
c. Route to Account Manager, Design and IT teams for review and selection
d. Support contract process by summarizing deal terms, insuring contracts are specific to .
5. Support project management efforts, identifying tools and processes for end-to-end development cycle, identifying efficiencies and improvements, for pre -sale and post-sale projects.
a. Work with Teamwork for project management, and other project management tools as needed.
b. Continually evaluate marketing platforms and tools to ensure full utilization of features and functionality.
c. Enter and maintain video projects in Teamwork, and report timelines and milestones to Account teams
d. Insure the main Operations tools (box.com, for example), and repositories are maximized, well organized and up-to-date.
6. Support the Operations team efforts in the areas as needed: running budget reports, follow up on requests into Legal (title searches, contract language updates)
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with project management experience.
Product development (software, digital interactives, video content) a plus.
Experience writing statements-of-work, RFQs/RFPs preferred
Must communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
Organized and analytical, able to work with various timelines and multiple projects simultaneously, through creative and adaptive approaches.
3-5+ years relevant experience in sales support, marketing support or project management experience in a business-to-business environment
Excel, Powerpoint and/or Keynote, and Salesforce experience required
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top