Social Media Specialist TLC
The Specialist is responsible for conceiving, managing and publishing best-in-class digital content experiences for TLC and Discovery Life, under the direction of the Manager, Digital Media. He or she will manage the entire project lifecycle and create high-quality content that engages and entertains our fans while meeting growth and engagement goals. He or she will partner with teams in media, video production, design and product. The Specialist will work closely with network producers, communications and marketing teams to ensure online content extends the brand, communicates a coherent message in sync with network campaigns and other digital platforms and drives viewers across all network platforms.
Develop robust, best-in-class digital content and interactive experiences for TLC and Discovery Life with the goals of appropriately extending the brand experience beyond TV, growing audience engagement year over year, and increasing monetizable inventory.
1. Promote TLC and Discovery Life Channel’s content portfolio using engaging social media content, campaigns, and online events
2. Build awareness, buzz and affinity for TLC and Discovery Life Channel on social media
3. Craft original content for TLCme, TLC’s blog
4. Develop and maintain presence of programming on TLC and Discovery Life Channel’s website properties
5. Build partnerships with marketing, online, interactive media and programming departments to leverage all digital resources and assets.
6. Serve as the digital media expert for assigned programming
7. Monitor and evaluate new technologies to ensure that TLC and Discovery Life are on cutting edge of new innovations in the digital media space
8. Collect data and evaluate performance digital successes and trends using key measurement techniques on the web (i.e. Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, etc)
Bachelors degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field
3-4 years experience in social media management or equivalent
Proficiency with MS Office suite, online tracking/reporting tools (Omniture, Google Analytics), online content management and publishing systems
Creative writing, content curation, content mix development
Eye for visual language, content packaging
Attention to detail; focus
Willingness to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and share ownership of projects
Openness to feedback and rapid product evolution; calm under pressure
Strategic thinking; business acumen
Savvy in working with executive-level stakeholders
Ability to multitask; juggle multiple projects and priorities
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top