Senior Writer/Producer - Marketing
The MIDAS networks, specifically Destination America and American Heroes Channel, are searching for a dynamic self-starter for the role of Senior Writer/Producer specializing in on air promotions. The Senior Writer/Producer will serve as the lead creative for marketing campaigns, on air navigation, creative concepting and executing the creative deliverables around partnerships. Candidate must have strong writing skills. Attention to detail is a must and organization is key. Ideal candidate will have 4+ years experience and promo reel demonstrating a range of copywriting skills and creative executions.
1. Concept, write and produce on air promotions, on air navigation
2. Communicates effectively with team members but also connects dots between many executive teams as well
3. Detail oriented with keen sense of process
4. Manage relationships with outside production companies and internal creative teams on campaign development/execution
5. Produce Special Projects: i.e. sneak peeks, behind-the-scenes, programming interstitials, executive board review tapes and press/sales event tapes
6. Responsible for overseeing production from script to screen
7. Liaison with outside vendors for assigned projects, providing notes on scripts, cuts, and production schedule.
8. Responsible for acquisition of stock footage and/or shooting additional footage.
9. Strong copywriting skills a must.
10. Supervise edit sessions.
11. Supervise and direct voiceover sessions.
12. Candidate must have musical knowledge and be able to pick tracks for promos from provided music libraries and/or oversee choice of popular track or original composition
13. Supervise original graphics creation
A Bachelor’s degree or higher.
A minimum of four years experience writing and producing promotion and marketing projects for broadcast or cable television.
A reel that represents the range and volume of work produced over a period of time.
Proven copywriting and producing skills.
Must be well organized, capable of handling several projects simultaneously, have the ability to work independently and possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Up-to-date knowledge of the post-production process is essential.
Must display a commitment to excellence and to an on-going education in video/film production and to the mastery of his/her craft.
Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. Knowledge of Final Cut Pro desirable but not required.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top