Senior Manager Educational Partnerships
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
This position will be focused on leading sustained growth of partnerships in the mid-Atlantic region. The Senior Manager of Education Partnerships interprets strategy from senior leadership and acts as a player coach to implement a comprehensive strategic plan. They will model effective techniques and practices that establish and drive new relationships, revenue and community. The Senior Manager of Education Partnerships will run the day to day operations of their region by developing and executing their individual and team plans.
Education Partnerships (Sales)
1. Develop and expand relationships with Superintendents and cabinet members in the mid-Atlantic accounts to support team revenue goals.
2. Work with senior management to develop a plan that supports the overarching regional strategy.
3. Execute on strategy in a timely manner to meet team and individual goals.
4. Meet and exceed targeted revenue goals by growing the business pipeline.
5. Continue to work with partners to link like districts together to grow community and revenue.
6. Model effective communication, presentation skills, account strategy, and problem solving for the team.
Leadership & Collaboration
7. Directly supervise one to two managers throughout the assigned region
8. Provide continuing mentorship to ensure team members have expertise in all of Discovery Education’s products as well as the K-12 marketplace
9. Create opportunities for direct reports to share their expertise and experience and to learn from their peers by shadowing and collaborating with one another.
10. Continually coach and provide feedback to direct reports by holding one on ones, shadowing their presentations, identifying areas of success and growth, and be active advocate by finding ways to highlight their success and achievements across the division.
11. Collaborate with team to exceed defined revenue targets through consistent territory reviews, implementation and account plans.
12. Collaborate and share best practices to support the team capacity for securing new partnerships.
13. Demonstrated passion for improving teaching and learning in schools.
14. Effectively communicate across Discovery Education.
15. Provide consistently positive and energetic leadership for the team.
16. Work with the Partner Success team to ensure integration of Discovery Education services within key strategic accounts.
17. Work with supporting teams; communications, field marketing, community and product to advocate for our partners.
Knowledge of Education Trends & Discovery Education Services
18. Demonstrate exceptional knowledge of all Discovery Education services.
19. Demonstrate deep knowledge of education landscapes in the mid-Atlantic.
20. Maintain an understanding of industry trends, current events, and anything that may impact the business by reading professional publications, researching all available prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations.
21. Effectively communicate with educational partners regarding current educational topics and trends (i.e. Next Generation Science Standards, funding, legislation, technology, etc.).
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience
5-7 years of experience in the industry, achieving a common goal in the K-12 education market
Strong negotiation, interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills required
Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload
Ability to work and lead a team and in a fast-paced environment
Education experience preferred
Candidate must be willing to travel (60-80%)
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top