Senior Manager, Ad Sales Finance
The Ad Sales Senior Manager position is responsible for providing operational and financial support to Advertising Sales. This includes expense financial planning, analysis, and reporting. This position works closely with Sales management Accounting Partners and the rest of the Finance team to provide actionable expense analysis.
1. Oversee the planning and development of annual advertising sales expense budget, forecast, and expenses analysis for the US networks and JV’s.
2. Partner with ad sales management and manage the monthly forecast process, for USN, JV direct and allocated costs.
3. Spearhead, streamline, and automate reporting processes, strengthening alignment with ad sales and line of business requirements.
4. Collaborate with ad sales management to complete expense analysis, forecast and month-end reporting.
5. Oversee the preparation of Executive Expense summary providing variance justifications for Actuals vs. Forecast, vs. Prior Year and vs. Plan.
6. Partner and meet with ad sales executives during the annual expense budget process, ensuring accurate preparation across the Personnel and SG&A G/L accounts.
7. Oversee and monitor JV costs and forecast ensuring accurate allocation and chargebacks of allocated expenses and direct costs.
8. Conduct various financial analyses to support management decision making.
9. Work closely with HR partners on ad sales headcount approvals, ensuring budgetary guidelines are followed, and communicate all non-plan expenses to finance management.
10. Oversee the ad sales monthly expense reporting and analytics, ensuring transparency across personnel and SG&A Expenses Provide Headcount monthly cost of revenue analysis to management.
11. Oversee the production revenue forecast, working closely with ad sales marketing and accounting partners ensuring transparency in pipeline and revenue recognition.
12. Oversee quarterly commission payout process, ensuring payout is following ICP and paid accurately and timely.
13. Manage Sarbanes Oxley quarterly analysis for USN, OWN and USH and partner with accounting, internal auditors, and external auditors ensuring SOX compliance.
14. Special projects & Ad Hoc Analysis as required
BS degree in Accounting/Finance or Business.
8 plus years of experience in financial planning/finance; Entertainment/Digital Media experience a big plus.
Superior analytical and modeling skills, ability to transform large data analytics into clear concise analysis.
Strong computer skills; highly proficient in Excel; Business Intelligence, EPM/SAP Knowledge required.
Strong problem-solving and presentation skills
Persistent attention to detail while understanding the big picture.
Exceptional team player with interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to independently manage workload with regard to prioritization and time.
High energy and sense of urgency in completing all tasks; proactive and enthusiastic to streamlining processes/analytics
Must have legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top