Senior Financial Analyst
Seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst.
1. Execute rigorous financial and operational analyses of the network’s plans and proposals for changes to current operations as well as future operations, including comparative analysis against other similar activities within and outside TLC/Life/Discovery Family.
2. Lead network overhead expense reporting, review and recommendation of corrective action when necessary.
3. Establish monthly forecast coordination and review of consolidated network forecast variances.
4. Monitor monthly and quarterly performance through management reporting by identifying trends and analyzing variances.
5. Update cash flow models for Discovery Family and assess cash position for the JV.
6. Support content analyst, when necessary, in preparation of network content related deliverables.
7. Work with Senior Director, CFO and network department heads to develop, review and compile network P&L in preparation of the annual business plan for the network.
8. Issue analysis and resolution that requires critical thinking and thorough knowledge of financial impacts.
9. Develop most appropriate systems and tools with team members to facilitate efficient, effective and accurate analysis of financial data. Ability to summarize financial data for presentation to non-financial managers.
10. Proactively direct and maintain high standards of accountability within the team to demand and deliver superior quality financial information on time-sensitive basis.
11. Navigate the network department heads and budget managers through the accounting and finance function to ensure proper coding and accounting treatment of revenue and expenses.
12. Support Senior Director with operational duties and communication between departments.
13. Document processes and procedures and ensure quality customer service and efficiency.
14. Work on special projects as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience. MBA a plus.
At least three to five years of experience in financial analysis, business planning or accounting, preferably in a media environment.
Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills required.
Self-starter with willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, work independently, and a strong attention to detail a must. Display self-confidence, knowledge and be a quick study.
Ability, desire and initiative to seek out financial information by establishing strong interpersonal relationships as well as using, if not improving upon, existing financial reporting systems (for example: learning new software applications, creating new reports, etc.).
Commitment to internal client and customer service principles.
Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Excel (including macros, pivot tables, other advanced functions), PPT and Word. Knowledge of OutlookSoft (BPC) and SAP is a strong plus.
Media, especially cable experience is a strong plus.
Must have legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top