Senior Director - PMD Kids
The Production Manager is the dedicated point of contact for Production and Development mainly for all kid’s animation and live-action related productions across DLA. The role is responsible for the management of a significant number of commissions and co-productions across networks. The position is responsible for protecting the networks and Discovery’s bottom line by ensuring that content production is performed to the highest industry standards and delivered according to the agreed budget and schedule.
Partners with the regional head of content and programming heads to achieve editorial strategy within operational and financial constraints. Is responsible for all greenlight material presented to Head of content, working alongside key stakeholders in Production & Development, Finance, Programming Heads and BLA. Responsible for managing the regional production tracker, with up to date financial and production information. Responsible for keeping all key stakeholders informed and up to date on decisions that need to be made and the status and health of all productions, highlighting key deal points and any areas of risk.
This position Reports to SVP International Production Management and is expected to have a considerable level of autonomy and delegated decision-making authority regarding all aspects of specific Latin American regions productions working within Discovery guidelines and frameworks.
Have a thorough understanding of the regional business related laws.
1. Ensure production requirements are fully understood by producers in order to review and negotiate viable budget propositions.
2. Accountable for ensuring the price of each production is agreed with the network and that complete delivery is feasible within the proposed timeframe.
3. Advise on financial structure of deal, based on best practices; work with government entities and ad sales clients where necessary.
4. Responsible for identifying and mitigating any risks, and escalating issues at the earliest point.
5. Evaluate safety and risk arrangements to ensure the safe management of productions, and, if necessary, recommend expert advice at the earliest possible stage.
6. Maintain productive communication across clients including Supervising Producers, Scheduling, Marketing, Communications and International along with Corporate Operation counterparts ensuring all relevant deliverables and master delivery date issues are swiftly communicated.
7. Supervise production cash flow to external producers.
8. Conduct on-site visits/ production system evaluation as necessary.
Experience of Kids production management essential, including animation and long form Kids production. Experience of Factual and Lifestyle production management ideal.
Approximately 6 - 8 years of experience as a Production Manager in film & video production, post-production, budgeting, and project management.
BS/BA in film and Production or related field or equivalent experience.
Excellent background in financial management and reporting
Proven track record as Production Manager from development through delivery.
Strong knowledge of production logistics, rights issues, talent negotiations and current industry standard practices.
Support innovation and best practice across production.
Ability to prioritize resources among multiple concurrent projects.
Must be proficient with spreadsheet database applications including Excel, Outlook, Microsoft and Word for Windows.
Build productive relationships with management team, corporate partners and members throughout the organization. Establish rapport and demonstrate sensitivity to the agenda and priorities of others.
Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills
Recognize when to consult, seek consensus or make a decision alone.
Identify opportunities for collaboration and sharing across own group (division).
Demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm, with a commitment to achieve goals.
Spanish, Portuguese and English required
Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top