Senior Director - Marketing
For over 30 years Discovery, the world’s #1 pay-TV programmer, has been satisfying curiosity and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its global brands. We are now seeking a Senior Director of Marketing to lead the development and implementation of all digital marketing efforts across the Discovery Digital Media portfolio of properties, with a focus on TV Everywhere. This individual will be charged with driving coordination and collaboration between cross department teams including creative services, product/tech, research and insights to create new and compelling campaigns and events to drive awareness and usage of TVE platforms to existing and new consumer audiences. This role will report to the SVP/GM of Digital Media, and will work closely with internal stake-holders, include the GM’s of each digital business, as well as key network marketing teams across Discovery Communications.
1. Develop and execute smart offline and online multichannel marketing plans collaborating with our head of SEO/SEM, the partnership marketing team, Ad sales and research and analytics to drive awareness, interest and usage of our TV everywhere platforms.
2. Develop key positioning copy and creative that communicate TVE’s positioning via display advertising, retargeting/behavioral targeting, SEO/SEM, email marketing , partnerships and promotions to drive visitors, streams and authenticated users.
3. Project lead for all creative materials including but not limited to campaign assets, video production and sales collateral.
4. Partner with product and research teams to develop segmentation and offer strategies that increase audience engagement and retention.
5. Lead all email marketing strategy and list building efforts for TVE in conjunction with our email marketing vendor.
6. Strong project management skills with the ability to mobilize and lead cross-functional team quickly and effectively
7. Proactively identify marketing opportunities and challenges while offering strategic solutions
8. Provide special project support as needed as we launch new products
9. Be able to self-prioritize and meet fast-paced deadlines and work independent
10. Leverage social platforms to drive awareness and engagement
8 + years of consumer marketing experience at a digital brand, broadcast/cable network, creative/digital agency or client side market
Bachelor’s degree required, with concentration in marketing or business management
Deep understanding of social platforms
Expertise to activate marketing opportunities
Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities with the skill to work in a very fast paced work environment with quick turnarounds and deadlines
Expert problem solver with proven track-record of creating win-win solutions for diverse stakeholders
Creative thinker with analytical skills
Adapt at organizing and facilitating meetings with senior executives within and outside of the company
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Knowledge of media industry a plus
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top