Senior Content Financial Analyst
Global Content Accounting reports the asset value of Discovery Communications LLC’s global content portfolio.
The Senior Content Financial Analyst will be responsible for reporting the asset value of their network/s premieres and entering in the payment schedules associated to those premieres.
1. Maintain production, talent and acquisition payment process for each project in SAP Project Systems module for assigned networks.
2. Research/review vendor information, YBO and supporting documentation as they relate to each project.
3. Monitor high volume payment activity, including new contracts or contract amendments production overages/underages, invoices, production delays, payments roll-ups and/or splits as necessary to facilitate contract compliance and ensure accurate financial reporting.
4. Proactively identify and propose solutions to resolve financial issues related to production, talent, and acquisition projects.
5. Prepare monthly reporting packages, including network starts, asset adjustments, journal entries and account reconciliations, for assigned network/s.
6. Support production process by maintaining data in multiple systems related to each project.
7. Reconcile assigned projects on a monthly basis to ensure outstanding payments are accurately stated.
8. Responsible for conducting complex financial research and analyses of production and inventory issues for assigned networks.
9. Build strong relationships with other teams within Global Content Operations and network FP&A on interdepartmental teams focusing on all financial aspects of production, talent, and acquisition contracts.
10. Support development of systems, tools, and processes to facilitate efficient and accurate analysis.
11. Demonstrate and maintain high standards of accountability to deliver superior quality financial information on timely basis to Manager/Director.
12. Participate in assigned network meetings such as, but not limited to: Pipeline and/or Film Budget Review.
13. Keep abreast of new laws and regulations surrounding compliance and tax.
At least 3-4 years’ experience in financial analysis.
Sound tax-withholding judgment for all production and acquisition payment deals.
Strong proficiency in spreadsheet and other data analysis techniques. Demonstrated experience in financial modeling.
Critical thinker and strong problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to frame issues, articulate findings and present optimal solutions.
Proven ability to build confidence and trust with department members and external business partners.
Experience working accurately and efficiently with high volumes of data under strict deadlines.
Motivated by challenging, high-energy environment.
Strong working knowledge of financial software packages and Microsoft Office suite.
Bachelors in Accounting or Finance required.
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Solid understanding of SAP preferred.
Solid understanding of television and production business preferred.
* Solid understanding of financial accounting principles a plus.
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top