Senior Collections Portfolio Analyst
Discovery’s Global Business Services (GBS) organization maintains operations across the globe including major hubs in Silver Spring, Maryland, Chiswick Park, London, Mexico City, Mexico and Warsaw, Poland. The organization is known for its innovative thinking, best practice implementation and customer service. We seek to unlock financial value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of our team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming.
The Senior Collections Portfolio Analyst will focus on cash collections, and the timely resolution of collections disputes/discrepancies, in a positive team oriented environment with multiple revenue streams, all while ensuring compliance with corporate collection and credit policies.
This position is responsible for initiating contact to customers with delinquent balances, in an attempt to secure payment and maintain customer goodwill. Incumbents confer with customers by telephone and e-mail to determine reason(s) for overdue payment, reviewing terms of the sale, service and/or contract with customer. The position is also charged with collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to resolve any issues that may arise which may impact receivables.
Additionally, the candidate should understand the financial systems that support collections and contribute to the design and testing of systems and along with process enhancements and performance. The Senior Collections Portfolio Analyst will be critical in cultivating an environment that supports and reflects the Discovery Communication brand.
1. Review customer status and initiate collection activities based upon corporate policies and procedures.
2. Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers in accordance with specified service level agreement.
3. Maintain key performance indicators for the department including DSO, Average Days Delinquent, and other targets established by management. Serve as a collaborator to resolve disputes/discrepancies timely by working with internal stakeholders and customers.
4. Document business and customer specific procedures involved in the order-to-cash cycle and recommend process improvements to expedite collections.
5. Troubleshoot invoicing problems and help determine solutions/alternatives with the billing department.
6. Help ensure contract and order-to-cash data integrity; work closely with contract department, sales and sales operations teams to solve issues arising from inaccurate data.
7. Negotiate payment schedules with management approval.
8. Enter and maintain detailed conversation notes for all customer accounts.
9. Perform account maintenance when necessary or instructed (refunds, credits, write offs etc.).
10. Maintain data integrity at all times.
11. Provide weekly, monthly reports and analysis of portfolio for management.
12. Identify and escalate delinquent accounts that pose a revenue risk.
13. All other functions as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, business, statistics with 5 or more years direct related work experience OR the combined equivalent of experience and education.
Related work experience preferably in a media, tech or cable organization.
Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate findings and present and implement optimal solutions to collection issues.
Prioritization, organization and attention to detail are a must.
Foreign language skills highly sought.
Strong analytical capability with a focus on resolving complex customer account reconciliations.
Ability to prioritize and effectively manage a heavy workload to meet strict deadlines.
Recent experience with common ERP systems. SAP experience is a plus.
Ability to deliver ad-hoc reporting as needed / requested.
Seasoned ability to work with large sets of data through the proficient use of MS Excel. Must have a demonstrated working knowledge of: Pivot Tables, intermediate to advance formula creation, and VLook-Up functions. Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, BI or other like software is a plus.
Team player with the ability to develop and foster positive relationships.
Strong business acumen.
A positive, customer experience driven mindset.
Proven ability to work cross-functionally within a matrix organization.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top