Senior Account Executive
The Discovery Agency is a full-service in-house team of 100 industry professionals based in LA, NYC, London and DC. We support all Discovery businesses globally with Strategy, Creative Development and Production. Expertise includes Account Management, Creative, Digital, Photo, Strategy, AdSales Integration and all forms of Production. The staff boasts an impressive pedigree of experience, credibility and accolades. From simple key art to massive multi-platform 360 integrated campaigns, The Agency does it all…on any platform.
The Senior Account Executive is a leader (in either NY or LA) on the account services team; a forward-thinking and strategic business professional with solid expertise in directing major advertising accounts. The Senior Account Executive will work directly with assigned accounts as a strategic partner with our in-house clients, creating effective marketing and advertising campaigns. You will manage account coordinators on your team, ensuring that all campaigns are delivered on strategy, on time and on budget. You will also work also work closely with creative teams overseeing the creative development, design and work flow for all creative deliverables. You will provide detailed post-campaign reports, interpret and share key learnings with account, creative and client teams.
1. Provide strategic and tactical direction for assigned accounts based on in-depth knowledge of each client’s business goals, marketing and media plans, and marketing budget.
2. Pro-actively develop client relationships with senior level marketing executives with a view to helping them generate ratings, build audience reach and drive revenue.
3. Ensure that all network, portfolio and channel campaigns are translated into messaging and creative development that are in line with their respective business and marketing strategies.
4. Have in-depth knowledge of competitive landscape, new and innovative advertising techniques and tactics, and have the ability to develop and sell new campaign ideas to clients, even if they have not requested them.
5. Ability to present full 360 integrated campaigns that can demonstrate a return on investment; ability to research and present key findings and measureable metrics of a campaign.
6. Provide clear, focused direction and management of account coordinators.
7. Provide leadership, motivation, and mentoring to junior account team.
8. Provide clear, focused direction to creative teams; work together to develop campaigns that are on-strategy and on-budget; provide direction to offer innovative and fresh thinking to clients.
7-10 years experience and proven track record directing major accounts and marketing strategy within an advertising agency or with corporate in-house marketing/creative group.
Track record in managing multiplatform advertising campaigns.
Experience and proven track record in directing, managing, coaching and reviewing account and creative team members.
Superior communications skills.
Experience in assessing, reviewing and consulting on media plans
A passion for television and the media industry
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top