The Sales Planner is develops media proposals and create sales presentations for all DCI networks utilizing all available research, sales and programming sources.
- Work with advertising agency contacts and other advertising sales and DCI divisions to ensure that administration aspects of accounts are in order, i.e. monitor performance of clients’ schedules and prepare make good and ADU schedules.
- Prepare and deliver competitive network planning analysis; and present findings in weekly Planner meeting.
- Assist with ongoing “business intelligence” system enhancement efforts; registering, confirming and designating deals, entering account projections, etc.
- Build, revise and maintain all sales proposals for your AE. Compile proposal requests and reweights as needed.
- Assist in the compilation and enhancement of upfront and scatter pricing and planning tools: reweight charts, pricing guide, proposal request forms, planner seminar series, etc.
- Receive registered budgets from agency buyers.
- Negotiate scatter deals, as needed.
- Support Assistants who handle client scheduling, billing, brand allocations, reconciling discrepancies, maintaining client files.
- Mentor new Sales Planners and serve act as a resource throughout their training and development.
Depending on AE:
- Help prepare presentations for agencies/clients and foster effective relationships with all external contacts.
- Support AE in prospecting to expand DCI advertiser base.
- 2+ years related advertising experience
- Strong computer experience (word processing, graphics, excel, etc)
- Knowledge of the terminology and procedures in advertising sales
- Experience with research techniques and sources (Nielsen, MRI, Ad views, Redbook)
- Ability to multitask, while staying organized and detail-oriented
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong customer service skills
- BA in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent education and experience
- Must have legal right to work in the United States
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]
Back to top