Have you ever wondered how television commercials get to your TV? Or about the strategy behind which commercials air on which networks and why? If you ever had an interest in advertising sales this could be the perfect fit for you!
The Sales Assistant position at Discovery Communications is the entry level role to get you on the path to becoming an Account Executive within media sales. Sales Assistants provide sales support to Account Executives and Sales Planners on Discovery’s US networks which include: Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Destination America, Discovery Life, ID, Science Channel, American Heroes Channel, Velocity, OWN, Discovery Family, and Discovery’s US Hispanic Networks.
1. Establish strong business relationships and act as a liaison with advertising agency counterparts and internal Discovery departments including Direct Response, Pricing and Planning, Commercial Operations, Marketing and Billing.
2. Respond to all client requests in a timely manner (flighting, revisions, allocations, added value, etc.).
3. Execute all client orders insuring that they are in approved weekly programming and compliant with all client requirements.
4. Handle program and commercial changes and issue change notices to clients.
5. Work with Account Executive and the Marketing department on promotional assets, material deadlines, and approvals.
6. Work closely with Commercial Operations to schedule promotional assets.
7. Reconcile billing discrepancies with agencies and billing department.
8. Perform other tasks as directed by manager.
Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a deadline driven environment
Strong customer service skills and problem solving skills
Detail oriented and team player
Ability to troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies
Ability to work overtime with short notice
Previous related experience a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top