The Discovery Insights team is looking for a Research Analyst to develop creative solutions to find and communicate consumer insights that drive both business decisions and creative development to help navigate through an evolving media landscape. Key sources of information include survey research and syndicated resources.
1. Manage and continue to innovate Discovery's online research consumer panel, including programming, content development, sample management, recruiting efforts, incentive programs, panelist communications, and all daily operations.
2. Coordinate custom research projects, including in-depth market analysis, consumer behavior analysis, surveys, interpretation of data and production of final reports.
3. Work closely with marketing, communications, digital media, domestic distribution and other research teams to identify research needs and distribute industry intelligence.
4. Analyze consumer survey data, applying advanced statistical methods as necessary, to identify complex behavioral insights.
5. Manage relationship with several syndicated research providers.
Solid quantitative skills through job experience or coursework
2+ years experience in market research or related position a must
Experience with media brands strongly preferred
Excellent analytical and mathematical abilities
Experience with survey software programs
Strong project management skills
Excellent attention to detail; must demonstrate ability for consistent accuracy
Demonstrated ability to synthesize research findings into a story with action-oriented implications
Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Passion for research, insights and entertainment
Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top