Discovery Communications is the world’s #1 pay TV programmer reaching nearly 3 billion cumulative subscribers in more than 220 countries and territories.
For 30 years Discovery has been dedicated to satisfying curiosity and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its global television brands, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science and Turbo/Velocity, as well as U.S. joint venture network OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network. Discovery controls Eurosport, the leading pan-regional sports entertainment destination across Europe and Asia-Pacific. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools, including an award-winning series of K-12 digital textbooks, through Discovery Education, and a digital leader with a diversified online portfolio, including Discovery Digital Networks.
The Discovery Insights team’s Research Analyst performs many roles: supporting Corporate Communications, Press, Media Strategy/Analytics, and many other company departments through both data analysis and consumer and industry insights.
1. Provide analysis of Nielsen ratings and other consumer databases for the DCI portfolio and competitors.
2. Help maintain all Research data systems for the company and develop training materials for employees.
3. Assist in developing new and insightful reporting tools and produce recurring reports, competitive analyses, and trends.
4. Maintain OTX consumer-feedback databases and deliver top-line findings to DCI networks’ Research teams.
5. Participate in rotation of daily Nielsen ratings download and data management.
Excellent analytical and mathematical abilities
Experience in market research or media strongly preferred
Strong project management skills
Excellent attention to detail; must demonstrate ability for consistent accuracy
Demonstrated ability to synthesize research findings into a story with action-oriented implications
Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
Customer-focused and ability to demonstrate diplomacy, tact and integrity
Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Passion for research and insights, as well as entertainment
Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top