Reporting & Data Analyst
The Reporting & Data Analyst supports Discovery’s Ad Sales analytics, reporting and data governance initiatives. This position fills both operational and analytical needs.
1. Assist with the maintenance of existing and development of new smart, compelling reports and dashboards to track Ad Sales KPI’s, identify trends and monitor the business.
2. Help prepare and deliver weekly, monthly, annual sales analysis reports which include insightful analysis of sales activity and results.
3. Present information clearly so that insights can be used to help drive sales strategy.
4. Work with data visualization tools when required to best present analytics results to the team’s customers.
5. Assist in putting together AE report cards and other sales performance reporting using both Excel and Tableau.
6. Working with the Ad Sales Data Manager assist with all facets of master data governance – including list maintenance for both linear and digital sales.
7. Participate with Account Budgeting System related data maintenance.
8. Develop skills and leverage tools to drive efficiency in reporting.
9. Recommend and implement processes to streamline and continuously improve our management reporting/analytics.
10. Help ensure via deal data qc that published results are sound.
11. Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge and relationship with the Sales staff.
12. Assist with special projects as required.
1-3 years professional experience in an analytical role, preferably within the media industry.
College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Key understanding of financial concepts.
Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
Strong communications and influencing skills.
Ability to apply knowledge creatively.
Must be detail-oriented.
Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities with a sense of urgency when needed.
High-level use of Excel and high level of proficiency with a data warehouse tool.
Working knowledge of Tableau.
Must have legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top