The Reporting Analyst supports Discovery’s Ad Sales analytics and reporting initiatives. This position fills both operational and analytical needs.
1. Assist with the maintenance of existing and development of new smart, compelling reports and dashboards to track Ad Sales KPI’s, identify trends and monitor the business.
2. Help prepare and deliver weekly, monthly, annual sales analysis reports which include insightful analysis of sales activity and results.
3. Present information clearly so that insights can be used to help drive sales strategy.
4. Work with data visualization tools when required to best present analytics results to the team’s customers.
5. Assist in putting together AE report cards and other sales performance reporting using both Excel and Tableau.
6. Develop skills and leverage tools to drive efficiency in reporting.
7. Recommend and implement processes to streamline and continuously improve our management reporting/analytics.
8. Help ensure via deal data qc that published results are sound.
9. Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge and relationship with the Sales staff.
10. Assist with special projects as required.
3-5 years professional experience in an analytical role, preferably within the media industry.
College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Key understanding of financial concepts.
Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
Strong communications and influencing skills.
Ability to apply knowledge creatively.
Must be detail-oriented.
Ability to multi-task and quickly adapt to changing priorities with a sense of urgency when needed.
High-level use of Excel and high level of proficiency with a data warehouse tool.
Working knowledge of Tableau.
Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top