The primary role of this position is to allocate rights and enter, maintain, and disseminate data from internal and external sources. This role ensures timely entry and disbursement of key information so that programming and operational teams receive essential information needed to ensure smooth work flow.
1. Responsible all HIVE-related input and updates
2. Maintain, post, and distribute Premiere Grids
3. Maintain polling tracker with history of all results
4. Create repacks as needed
5. Maintain Screening Rooms
6. Grants rights in systems, maintain tracking document, contact US team for rights questions/issues
7. Handle borrow requests
8. Review DNA issues and update all systems to ensure no DNAs air. Follow up with regions to keep informed
9. Review Global Expirations document and update all systems to ensure no DNAs air.
10. Follow up with regions to keep informed, and work with IML to resolve issues
11. Quarterly impairment exercise (enter last air dates)
12. Submit research inquiries and compile feedback as needed
13. Missing Descriptions - perform Compare & Sync on a monthly basis
14. Act as backup during absences
15. Act as main point of contact for IML and ML (review DSRs for issues, attend weekly ML meetings, handle operational tasks, Distribute Premiere Grid feedback from IML to Regions)
16. Assist with special projects as needed
17. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Experience in the cable, satellite or terrestrial television industry with an emphasis on Programming and Acquisitions preferred
Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Fluency in English, Spanish and working knowledge of Portuguese a plus
Highly organized with attention to detail
Time management, speed and accuracy are of the essence. Knowing how much time should be spent on a task is key.
Comfortable working in different database systems handling high volumes of data processing
Ability to handle more than one task at a time
High degree of adaptability to changes in the nature of the industry
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top