Project Manager International
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. With a footprint in 53 countries, across all continents, Discovery Education’s mission is to transform teaching and learning through innovative partnerships with schools, administrations, government ministries and other like-minded organizations. Discovery Education has proven experience working with partners at all levels across the education spectrum to create custom solutions that have markedly improved student achievement through engaging content, collaborative professional development, formative assessment and connection to a robust community of educational professionals. Discovery Education currently serves over 50 million students and 4.5 million educators worldwide.
Reporting to the VP, International Operations and Implementation, the International Project Manager, International Team is a key member of the Discovery Education International team, responsible for developing and overseeing successful deployment of Discovery Education’s implementation strategy. The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring all activities, tasks, and deliverables related to international partnership are delivered on time and within budget. The role requires coordination between several internal team members across different departments within Discovery Education and the ability to build relationships with external partners including senior educational and/or governmental entities.
Additionally, the International Project Manager is responsible for contributing to the leadership, management, and logistical details associated with growing the international business within Discovery Education across all educational services.
Project Management for International Projects
- Day to day project management of large international programmes
- Serve as central point of contract and project expert for teams working on the international partnership components
- Create project plans, communications material, and collateral as needed
- Build internal project plans and set up internal meetings, communication processes, etc.
- Leverage the company contacts globally to fulfil project deliverables on time and on budget
- Support Implementation to External Stakeholder
- Attend meetings on behalf of the company both in person and via electronic means
- Conduct interviews, focus group sessions, site visits to gather information and feedback related to the project
- Provide timely and accurate feedback related to the project status to external stakeholders
- Collaborate with partners to develop and execute innovative, integrated implementation plans
- Develop and leverage key partner relationships, driving deep and transformative usage, student engagement, and community development
- Use research, data, and metrics to continuously demonstrate the success of the program
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends, current events, anything that may impact the business by reading professional publications, researching all available prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Understand new technologies and industry trends and be able to speak to how they impact Discovery Education
- Establish strong relationships will International clients and DE colleagues across the business
- University degree
- 5-7 years of project management experience
- Ability to create project documentation, including project plans and reports
- Experienced in risk management and the ability to flag potential issues
- Task-oriented and strict attention to detail
- Ability to manage virtual teams across functions, geographies and business units
- Strong stakeholder (internal and external) management skills
- Ability to manage local support, sub-contractors, and vendors assigned to projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance competing priorities
- Willingness to travel approximately 50-60% of the time with seasonal variations; including the Middle East and specifically Egypt, Saudi Arabia and UAE (and possibly other territories)
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in MS Office (XLS, DOC and PPT)
- Must have the legal right to live and work in the United Kingdom
Desirable but not necessary
- Experience working in the Middle East
- Experience in education, media, and/or digital industries
- Knowledge of the Arabic language
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top