Project Coordinator - Marketing
The Project Coordinator will be part of the MIDAS marketing team (ID, Destination America, American Heroes Channel) with a focus on Destination America and American Heroes Channel.
The Project Coordinator will assist the Marketing Manager, VP and Senior Writer/Producer in the ideation and activation of all consumer campaigns. They will be responsible in assisting in the day-to-day marketing efforts.
1. Support ratings goals and on-air campaigns development by helping plan and execute consumer marketing plans and events
2. Organize all aspects of consumer advertising creative and promotional development for Destination America and American Heroes Channel to build audience viewership and reinforce core brand attributes
3. Work with cross-functional teams including internal creative, research, communications and digital teams to produce and implement creative elements with consistent strategic messaging.
4. Identify, develop and execute key external partnerships that will help to evolve the brand. Champion internal partnerships across departments
5. Work closely with the on-air production and media teams to manage graphic elements and in-program messaging.
6. Draft briefs for on-air priorities.
7. Manage the marketing team work-flow documents needed to ensure projects and deadlines are met, including handling of creative requests and marketing element deliverable lists.
8. Help manage external vendors and freelance producers.
9. Lead creation and deployment of network’s e-newsletter.
1-3 years of advertising/marketing experience and/or relevant internship experiences
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in marketing, media and analysis
Verbal and written communication, prioritization, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Powerpoint, Word, and Excel.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top