Project Coordinator, Engineering
Discovery Communications is seeking a Project Coordinator with strong interpersonal and organizational skills to provide administrative project support to the VP, Media Engineering and the Silver Spring- Media Engineering team. This role will support various engineering-related projects to include documenting and designing project related items to ensure action items and deadlines are adequately communicated to the responsible parties. Additionally, this role will assist in tracking the project and department capital budgets. The Project Coordinator will work with engineering project managers to clearly communicate tasks and responsibilities to the work stream leads and teams.
1. Communicate and track assigned tasks to work stream leads and request and document project task updates.
2. Assist with the creation of project meetings and agendas.
3. Document project meetings and provide clear, organized, timely summaries to project team members.
4. Create Visio and/or CAD documents outlining workflows or designs.
5. Communicate regularly with project stakeholders to manage requests, track deadlines, and provide frequent updates.
6. Supervise tasks assigned to project teams as instructed by the stakeholders.
7. Track project budgets and spends on recurring basis and create, maintain, and update supporting reporting documents.
8. Track department capital budgets document spends and forecast future spends.
9. Track project purchases for delivery dates and fulfillment of orders, including returns as needed.
10. Work with a team of engineers and operators in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Undergraduate degree in business, project management, finance or related preferred.
Project Management experience preferred.
Work experience within the media/tech industry preferred.
Highly proficient using Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Outlook.
Strong understanding of project budgeting and finance.
Strong work ethic and positive attitude with ability to lead and handle high volume projects and tasks.
Superior organizational skills with a high degree of flexibility, attention to detail, and ability to respond to changing priorities, timelines, and deadlines.
Self-learner, independent, with outstanding problem-solving skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize effectively.
Experience using Visio and CAD programs highly preferred.
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top