Programming/Research Admin Assistant
Position will support 3 VPs in the Programming and Research departments and will be responsible for the smooth operation of their departments, including such administrative responsibilities as scheduling of meetings, making travel plans, ordering supplies, processing invoices and tracking budgets. Position is also intended to be an introduction to the areas of Programming and Research and therefore will include responsibilities pertinent to those areas, such as the production of various audience measurement reports and program schedules. Responsibilities also include special projects as directed.
1. Perform administrative duties and proactively support day to day operations of teams.
2. Schedule, organize and coordinate internal and external meetings.
3. Arrange travel itineraries and prepare travel and expense reports.
4. Schedule appointments, maintain and update calendar daily.
5. Process expense reports in a timely manner.
6. Responsible for handling confidential and sensitive information and must be able to do so in a professional and appropriate manner.
7. Produce recurring research reports tracking audience viewership to networks and their programs.
8. Manage reports related to network program schedules including maintaining television listings process and tracking industry trends.
Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Experience in an administrative assistant role in a fast-paced environment
Strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to assess priorities
Knowledge of Nielsen ratings system and proficiency with basic math preferred.
Candidate must be articulate, detail-oriented, and have strong organizational and administrative management skills.
Strong computer skills (e.g. Windows, Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, Calendar Creator and Power Point)
Must love TV
* Legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top