Support Programming Director with programming strategy for US Hispanic networks developing both long and short term plans. Responsible for planning & scheduling strategies for USH Portfolio of Brands.
1. Will have top level knowledge of each USH network’s inventory.
2. Responsible for developing both long (upfront plans & forecasting) and short term programming (quarterly schedules, stunts) plans for the networks and its respective feeds.
3. Responsible for creating and maintaining:
a. Annual Upfront Plans
b. 24 hour grids
c. Quarterly planning grids
d. Broadview Schedules
4. Responsible for monitoring and reporting on competitors programming strategies.
5. Schedule quarterly grids, stunts and specials for assigned feeds in a timely manner.
6. Carry out program scheduling replacements in a timely manner.
7. Act as main liaison with Network Operations, including tracking of new programming, communicating delays, etc.
8. Proactively review upcoming schedules and identify potential delivery and/or operational issues.
9. Assist in development of quarterly grids, stunts, native titles, descriptions and other projects as requested by Channel Director.
10. Responsible for clearing rights & tracking all shared programming being used on the networks.
11. Responsible for knowing what relevant Discovery Communications networks (domestically and in Latin America) are doing (schedules, production, initiatives) to develop programming synergies and take advantage of best practices, hit shows, etc.
12. Responsible for communicating programming/scheduling initiatives to various departments including: Affiliate Sales, Advertising Sales, Marketing, Research, and Communications.
13. Will represent USH during domestic and international conference calls and meetings as needed.
14. Responsible for communicating network strategies & quarterly programming to all USH departments as needed.
15. Will chair internal/external presentations as needed.
16. Will participate in US and Int’l development calls and meetings as needed.
The ideal candidate must be creative, problem solver, self-starter, able to perform in a fast-paced environment, with strong interpersonal skills, very organized, detail-oriented, and with the ability to prioritize and work effectively and independently with both speed and accuracy.
Candidate must possess both strategic and creative sensibilities.
Ideal candidate must have five years direct scheduling experience and be proficient operating in a multi-database setup.
Proficiency in Broadview and DCI corporate systems a plus.
Understanding of DNI programming workflow, meetings, etc. a plus.
Strong written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English a must.
Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent experience
Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top