Program Manager VR & Digital Experiences
Discovery Digital Media is looking for an experienced Program Manager to join its Digital Program Management Office (PMO), focusing on the delivery of digital and VR/AR experiences. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has proven project and program management experience, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, matrix environment.
1. Work closely with internal stakeholders, developers, and external departments to specify and manage delivery plans
2. Develop and maintain project plans and supporting documentation to track progress and estimate scope
3. Clearly communicate program and project status to stakeholders and management
4. Work closely with PMO leads and technology leads in resource allocation and management across broader organizational portfolio
5. Identify project risks and mitigation plans to ensure predictability; adjust resources and priorities accordingly
6. Facilitate resolution of design and implementation issues
7. Coordinate system-level setup and configuration through IT and external vendors
8. Coordinate quality assurance and user acceptance testing
9. Drive Agile development framework within team, leveraging systems such as JIRA and Confluence
10. Support engineering and product teams in developing, maintaining and grooming the product backlog
11. Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, demonstrations and retrospectives
Bachelor degree in technology or equivalent experience.
Six years experience working in a project management function, preferably with a focus on Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality experiences.
Experience with some combination of the following: online media, consumer-facing applications, online advertising.
Experience working closely with product, editorial, design/UX, and development.
Experience working closely with third-party vendors.
Experience in Agile development methodologies, continuous deployment and continuous integration
Experience with project and resource management tools, e.g. JIRA.
Experience with subscription or direct-payment services a plus
Passion for staying up with latest technologies and direction of the market with regard to video technologies and their application to digital media
Possess excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate technical language to both technical and non-technical audiences
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top