The personal assistant works with a small team of administrative professionals who ensure that the Discovery executive’s office runs smoothly and efficiently. This includes managing all forms of communication, organizing meetings and travel, planning events, managing expenses, and working with internal departments and external vendors to make sure all day-to-day activities are fully supported. The team handles highly confidential matters both internally and externally and maintains a discreet, highly-functioning, fast-paced office.
The personal assistant provides best-in-class personal support, working as a key member of a close-knit team of three.
1. Providing complete administrative support of personal affairs; maintaining personal calendar, scheduling appointments and dinners, etc.
2. Coordinating personal travel arrangements for executive and family members, including the preparation and coordination of family trips (creating itineraries; booking flights, car service, hotel accommodations and meals; researching and scheduling activities; etc.)
3. Working with external vendors and personal employees as needed
4. Coordinating both large and small scale personal events and outings
5. Coordinating and working with family accountants and advisors on business and personal matters
6. Providing specialized personal purchasing support, including product/service research, obtaining competitive quotes, negotiating prices and contract terms, etc.
7. Assisting with Discovery business as needed
8. Sharing phone coverage (heavy volume) with support team; screening and routing calls, responding to internal and external inquires and providing information within scope of authority
9. Special projects as assigned
3+ years of consecutive experience as a personal assistant to a high-level executive
Flexibility in schedule; must be available by phone/email on weekends, able to work both in office and remotely, travel as needed, and available to staff events occasionally
Intuitive and proactive, with the ability to juggle and execute multiple tasks at the highest level
Professional, discreet and sensitive to confidentiality at all times
Team player with a positive attitude and a “no job too big or too small” mentality
Quick learner with strong willingness to take direction
Strong organizational skills; ability to multitask, prioritize, and keep projects on track with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
Ability to communicate clearly and systematically both verbally and in writing
Ability to take rapid dictation
Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office and Mac OS
A Bachelor’s degree or higher is required
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top