Partner & Tech Support Specialist II
The Partner and Technical Support Specialist II is responsible for managing escalations for the Discovery Education’s Partner and Technical Support team, ensuring a positive and consistent partner experience. This team supports the technical needs for the entire Discovery Education partner base and product suite.
The Partner and Technical Support Specialist II will develop and implement processes and procedures designed to drive efficiency and partner satisfaction. They are an escalation point for the partner and Tier 1 Partner and Technical Support, responsible for prioritizing issues and driving resolution. In addition, the PTSSII will provide the team ongoing product, technical, and partner management training and development.
This role also has a significant project management component. The PTSSII is responsible for items such as managing creation of support documentation, new account creation and implementation.
Managing Escalations from the Tier 1 Support Team
1. Develop and implement support procedures, escalation processes, and measurable goals and objectives for the team.
2. Ensures coverage and prioritizes day-to-day issues in order to maximize partner satisfaction and department throughput.
3. Collects data, develops and distributes reporting to track and analyze department service level quality.
4. Measures phone statistics, support response time and agent productivity reports to ensure team effectiveness.
5. Develop and implement comprehensive training program to ensure representatives grow their technical, product, and partner management capabilities.
6. Ensures that all partner SLAs are met and is able to report on them
Directly Support Partner
7. First escalation point and advocate for unresolved or urgent partner issues.
8. Manage support issues for at-risk accounts, helping ensuring renewal by driving resolution of open issues.
9. Works directly with partners to provide account, technical, and product support via phone and e-mail.
10. Provide partner feedback to the product team to drive improved product design, as well as to sales to highlight at-risk partners.
Project Management and Other Duties
11. Lead creation of documentation of known support issues for inclusion in the Help sections of Discovery Education’s sites.
12. Supports product enhancement testing requests received from the Product Development/IT departments.
13. Manage additional partner and internal projects as needed.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Education experience strongly preferred.
At least 5-8 years of direct partner account management and/or support responsibilities.
Team management experience strongly preferred. Must exhibit strong leadership abilities.
Development and execution of partner retention and support programs a must.
Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills required.
Experience with data collection and analysis, and development of reporting.
Excellent communication skills (including written), with the ability to effectively interface with all levels of partner organizations.
Working knowledge of digital media and delivery systems, including: Windows and Mac operating systems, media players and file types, Internet clients/configuration, Internet topology, firewalls, routers, and proxy servers.
Must have legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top