Discovery Communications LLC seeks a bright, highly motivated individual to provide paralegal support to the company’s Global Distribution legal team. The Global Distribution legal team is responsible for the distribution of the company’s video programming services and its educational products and services. Candidates must possess superior communications skills and be able to work collaboratively with clients and other team members in a team environment.
1. Providing assistance to the Discovery Education business units regarding the distribution of the company’s education services.
2. Assisting with the drafting of services and distribution agreements with educational distributors and customers of Discovery Education’s products and services.
3. Helping to ensure compliance with the company’s nonstandard agreements.
4. Serve as point of contact with respect to RFPs, including working with internal teams to gather required information, preparing proposal, and coordinating the appropriate internal review and approvals.
5. Oversee the maintenance of RFP files including a library that includes standardized information related to RFP responses.
6. Assisting with the drafting of terms related to RFP’s, amendments, breach letters, letters of ownership/sole source letters, termination agreements
7. Serve as an internal resource on status of agreements, manage workflow for internal client requests, and regularly update internal databases on deal status.
Minimum of 2 years of corporate law experience, preferably in a large law firm and/or in-house legal department.
Experience with new media/entertainment industries preferred
Knowledge of education industry or government contracts/RFP processes a plus
Excellent writing, organizational, and attention to detail skills
Must have the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with internal clients
Ability to work well under pressure
Ability to handle high volume of work and multi-task a variety of assignments, as well as recognize priorities and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
Ability to function on an independent basis, with moderate supervision
Excellent computer skills a must (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, knowledge/experience setting up databases, tables, knowledge of redlining software)
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Bachelors’ degree required; paralegal training certification is a plus
Back to top