The Domestic Distribution team is responsible for distributing Discovery’s 12 US networks, including Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, ID and Science. The group also works with Canadian cable and satellite companies to distribute TLC and AHC.
Selected candidate will have primary responsibility for supporting the operations team and affiliates by processing new network launches, performing data analysis, reporting, affiliate signal authorizations reconciliations, and technical support.
1. Review and input new network launch information into database and coordinate signal authorization. Work with customers and internal teams to ensure accurate information is received for each affiliate network launch.
2. Generate analytical reports from internal customer databases and external data sources including Nielsen Focus and SNL Kagan. Reports for internal and external customers include but are not limited to launch metrics, subscriber market and signal distribution
3. Work with supervisor to identify data discrepancies and maintain data integrity.
4. Assist in managing the affiliate operations email account, handle affiliate calls and inquiries daily and provide tier one technical support to customers.
5. Maintain signal integrity by assisting with quarterly reconciliations
6. Special projects – participate in special projects including satellite transitions and data clean up.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
Database experience and at least two years in an operations or customer support role
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including excel
Strong analytical, written and verbal skills are required.
Candidate must be articulate, extremely detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service attitude are required skills
Must possess a high level of self-motivation, commitment, and demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness
Cable industry experience or experience in a technical support role a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top