About Discovery Digital Networks
Discovery Digital Networks is made up of Seeker and SourceFed Studios. With over 300 million monthly views, DDN is reaching young, influential audiences around the world through daily programming, weekly series, premium web-docs & live online events. Discovery Digital Networks is part of Discovery Communications, the world’s number one non-fiction media company.
The DDN Office Assistant manages front office reception area, meets and greets guests, manages office upkeep, inventory, and maintenance.
1. Maintains a neat and orderly desk and guest reception area.
2. Acts as the first point of contact, meets and greets all guests in a friendly and professional manner, answering any questions, and directing them to the appropriate individual.
3. Assist Director of Facilities with maintaining the facilities, coordinating office services programs, and responding to facilities related issues at the San Francisco office.
4. Manages and maintains, all Discovery employee, CW, temporary, visitor, and contractor access codes, alarm codes and office keys.
5. Assists with food/beverage catering for all department events, meetings, luncheons, etc.
6. Manages conference room reservations.
7. Assists in organizing and managing all special events happening throughout the building.
8. Answers main phone line and directs calls to the appropriate individuals.
9. Maintains and distributes (monthly) updated DDN Office Phone Directory Extension List.
10. Responsible for handling both outgoing and incoming deliveries including calling for pick-up of outgoing packages, confirming delivery of packages (upon request), receiving incoming deliveries, and notifying individuals of packages delivered for them.
11. Orders office and pantry supplies.
12. Maintains and stocks bathrooms and kitchens.
13. Manages cleaning crew and other vendors as needed.
14. Assists Director of Facilities in additional tasks as needed.
High school diploma or equivalency.
1-2 years of experience in a customer service and/or office assistant position.
Experience in a facilities management and maintenance environment preferred.
Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities.
Proficiency in MS Office.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top