National Accounts Specialist
Core focus is to support sales and marketing programs that strengthen Discovery Networks brand equity, awareness and value within the distribution community.
1. Supporting the Distribution Strategy team on campaigns and activities designed to support distribution goals, brand-building and exposure for Discovery Networks. Initiatives include but are not limited to: preparation of customized sales tools for key client presentations; oversight of VIP client communication/mailings; orchestrating key client trade pushed-emails, investigating media-buy opportunities; managing execution of key client events; and supporting the development of value-building programs.
2. Coordinating development and execution of marketing strategies while maximizing the impact of such campaigns through close alignment with core network initiatives (i.e., production, talent, social & digital, retail, local ad sales, paid media plans, etc.)
3. Full integration with the distribution strategy and marketing teams, serving as an active partner in successfully executing partner marketing activities.
4. Managing creation and deployment of customizable corporate, regional and divisional marketing tools for all networks and network brand initiatives, aimed at building value for Discovery Networks.
5. Respond to and strategically support local ad sales, corporate, region and division level affiliate requests related to programming, press and corporate communications, as a vehicle to further promote distribution agenda.
6. Support merchandising efforts from a process standpoint as a means to build equity of Discovery Networks at the system, regional and national levels.
7. Provide strategic and tactical support to various MVPD/Sales Strategy projects/campaigns/special events as well as serve as backup for all strategy team members when traveling.
8. Coordinator will travel on occasion (approximately 30%) as needed for events, client meetings, industry trade shows and conferences, etc.
Bachelor degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience preferred.
Must have a minimum of two years marketing experience (preferably one or more years in media), with a proven track record in an entry-level marketing role (sales and marketing environment preferred).
Must have proven new technologies, digital and social media skills.
Must have impeccable attention to detail, ability to multi-task/prioritize in fast paced sales environment; demonstrate problem-solving and superior client service skills.
Must be a self-starter with ability to own and advance projects.
Fluency in design and presentation software (e.g. Photoshop) a strong plus.
Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top