Mgr Licensing-Publishing & Social Expres
The Manager of Publishing, Social Expressions, will have day-to-day managerial responsibility for all Publishing, Social Expressions, Gifts & Novelties as well as identifying key category drivers in which to grow the business. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing strategic business plans and licensee relationships with Discovery Consumer Products global licensing, sales, creative, product development, legal and finance teams that drive retail sales growth in support of the Discovery Consumer Product division’s long-term business objectives.
1. Analyze account business performance, and develop growth objectives that are aligned with Discovery’s initiatives across category and franchises.
2. Collaborate with the VP, Licensing and Executive team to develop and implement multi-channel Publishing, Social Expressions, Gifts & Novelties product category strategies, merchandising, creative, product development to tie back to brand plans to ensure that licensing & collaboration with sales teams are maximized and goals met.
3. Execute upon internal strategies and initiatives that deliver specified financial goals for Discovery’s Consumer Products business for Licensed merchandise and DTR businesses.
4. Work closely with the VP, Licensing to manage all licensed merchandise programs, develop licensing relationships to meet and exceed predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives.
5. Identify and execute upon ways to develop new business opportunities for all licensed publishing, gifts & novelty and social expressions categories.
6. Work with internal and external partners to develop and bring to market new and innovative Publishing, Social Expressions, Gifts & Novelties products.
7. Work closely with the Ad Sales team to effectively manage the licensed Publishing, Social Expressions, Gifts & Novelties category process to drive incremental ad sales program opportunities
8. Assume fiscal responsibility for assigned category.
9. Manage all revenue targets for assigned category to include annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
10. Manage licensing contracts, minimum guarantees and deliver ROI’s.
Strong publishing and printed goods background preferred, with experience in assortment planning, sell in, and sells through, customer buying patterns, pricing, and in store merchandising.
Minimum 5 years’ soft goods category experience in either a licensing and/or manufacturing background.
Strong sales skills: relationship building, presentations, influencing skills
Strong strategic, analytical and planning skills
Ability to engage with senior level executives
10-15% travel required.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top