Manager-Marketing eCommerce& Digi Prdcts
Help drive Discovery Global Enterprises (DGE) business by leveraging eCommerce platform and best-in-class marketing strategies across Discovery family of networks.
Support app and digital product business development efforts: we are looking for someone who is passionate about building digital engagement that customers love and has experience building mobile applications and experiences. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out, and optimize mobile products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
1. Manage Discovery eCommerce Operations
1. Utilize eCommerce platform (Shopify) to build, merchandise, and market Discovery Consumer Products.
2. Develop breakthrough digital marketing strategies and promotion concepts for licensees, retail partners and tie into networks and ad sales to support DGE tentpole initiatives.
3. Create a plan and utilize external vendor and Discovery creative teams to maintain / optimize eCommerce sites.
4. Participate in the creation of wireframes, user flows and user experience requirements.
5. Manage eCommerce promotional calendar
6. Work with CP lines of business and network contacts to develop store capsule collections with print-on-demand vendors to merchandise Discovery online stores.
7. Manage the budget for assigned projects.
2. Support overall DGE marketing objectives
8. Work with Director, Marketing & Digital Products to develop innovative marketing programs that support DGE product initiatives (ex. Velocity and Discovery Adventures)
9. Find ways to connect marketing efforts between DGE, network, ad sales partners to maximize product sales at retail.
10. Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
11. Retail/Consumer Products: Coordinate promotion schedules and strategies to maximize revenue across divisions
12. Online/New Media/Social Media: Maximize consumer experiences with program/brand by aligning priorities and key messaging across all relevant touch points and platforms.
3. Support Digital Products / Apps business
13. Support ideation and development of mobile and consumer-facing digital products for Discovery family of networks:
14. Significant collaboration across marketing, store operations, IT and other stakeholders to define and build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on customer research and industry trends.
15. Conduct competitive analysis and keep abreast of industry best practices as it might inform new product development and existing product evolution.
16. Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities and optimization.
Minimum of 3-5 years of marketing and promotions experience in digital media planning, retail, e-commerce and/or direct marketing
Strong track record digital innovation
Proven ability to work within a multi-platform company leveraging assets to promote specific products and services
Outstanding written and verbal communications and presentation skills
Solid understanding of non-traditional media platforms and content
Ability to work effectively across an organization
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top