Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Discovery Education builds strategic partnerships with school districts to transform teaching and learning through the implementation of engaging standards-based K-12 digital curriculum, delivery of intensive professional development, and engagement within the global community. The Customer Experience team plays a critical role in achieving our goals of providing the best customer experience in education and demonstrating the educational impact needed to retain and grow our district partnerships.
The Manager, Customer Success is the primary post-sale point of contact for Discovery Education’s strategic partners, responsible for ensuring seamless integration and deep usage of Discovery Education services. The Manager builds strong and productive relationships with districts, facilitates effective internal and external activity & communication, and clearly demonstrates the educational impact of Discovery Education’s services.
The Manager works in-person and remotely with district stakeholders from Discovery Education’s strategic districts to define district goals and metrics for success in order to inform strategic plans. The plans cover the functional, technical and operational tactics related to Discovery Education’s services as well as broader strategies covering user management, stakeholder communication, professional development, instructional usage, community and in-person events. The Manager works across the district to bring the plan to life, continually assesses the progress of the partnership, and makes adjustments and recommendations as necessary to achieve the goals.
Develop strategic plans in collaboration with districts
1. Partner with district contacts to evaluate and establish district goals and set measurable objectives
2. Develop comprehensive district plans that include technology, customer support, professional development, service usage, community-building, data, research & evaluation, and communications
3. Collaboratively establish structured rollout plans including user management, Professional Development support, and stakeholder communications
4. Ensure execution on contracted deliverables
5. Develop strategies to integrate Community and Professional Development into rollout plans
6. Coordinate planning and execution with Professional Development, Global Community, Account Services, and Partnerships Teams
7. Represent Professional Development for selected accounts, working with the district to identify and select from Discovery Education’s established program of courses to meet district goals
8. Establish and build strong, trusting relationships with key post-sale contacts including Curriculum and Instruction, Technology, Accountability, Senior Leadership
Execute and monitor plans to ensure successful district partnerships
1. Execute implementation plans, driving timely execution of contracted deliverables and deep, effective product usage
2. Coordinate the booking and delivery of the Professional Development courses within the plan for selected districts
3. Measure progress against established checkpoint goals, adjust the plan as necessary to ensure success
4. Work collaboratively with the implementation point of contact to identify barriers and develop strategies to ensure success as specified in goals
5. Analyze usage reporting to identify trends and message trends to partners along with concrete plans to address negative trends
6. Prepare data for and lead quarterly reviews with key stakeholders
7. Interpret, prioritize, communicate, and manage partnership requests and issues both internally and with district partners
8. Effectively manage assigned partners by evaluating account health and prioritizing outreach efforts
9. Provide on-going account support
10. Document and communicate resolutions and known issues to external and internal customers
11. Act as the Discovery Education product expert, providing customers with product support and training via e-mail, phone, and/or webinar
12. Identify accounts that are in jeopardy due to persistent technical or account issues and escalate, providing recommended course of action to restore customer satisfaction
13. Identify potential ways to grow the partnership based on district goals and communicate opportunities back to the partnerships team
14. Coordinate and partner to lead high-value in-person events to drive awareness and service adoption in support of district goals
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
5-7 years of experience in K-12 education and/or account management
Teaching, instructional coordinator/specialist, or administrator level experience are a plus
Knowledge and experience with digital media and demonstrated understanding of the changing role of digital media in learning
Strong PC skills, with a high level of proficiency in Excel, Word, and web 2.0 platforms
Knowledge of Internet concepts (bandwidth, video streaming, etc.)
Extremely well organized and detail oriented, with strong project management and analytical skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must be proactive and excel in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
Candidate must be willing to travel (~60%)
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top