Manager Urban Techbook Adoptions
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
The Discovery Education Techbook Adoption Manager position is responsible for supporting the educational partnership teams as an educational expert focused on driving the awareness and new sales of Discovery Education’s digital textbook series during district and state level adoptions.
1. Serve as an expert in the management of state and district adoption processes.
2. Serve as an educational expert, understanding current educational trends and research in curriculum, instruction and assessment, to drive the awareness and new sales of Discovery Education Techbooks.
3. Understand the digital textbook industry and state adoption landscape, providing internal thought leadership to support the continued development of Discovery Education Techbooks.
4. Possess a thorough knowledge of the functional and educational aspects of Discovery Education’s Science, Social Studies and Math Techbooks.
5. Support the partnership teams, with an urban focus, as an educational expert specific to the Discovery Education Science, Social Studies and Math Techbooks.
6. Execute flawlessly Discovery Education Techbook demonstrations, presentations and consultations that meet state level requirements and that are appropriate to a variety of audiences, including, but not limited to, superintendents and central office administrators, subject specific and building administrators and content area and classroom teachers.
7. Provide instructional expertise to support and develop marketing collateral and Discovery Education Techbook specific resources to increase the awareness and sales of the products and their corresponding professional development.
Grow Revenue & Techbook Business
8. Manage incoming leads & strategic outreach to drive partnerships and new business revenue within adoption states and urban districts
9. Deliver high-level presentations to administrators and curriculum directors
10. Employ a consultative approach to build, maintain & strengthen relationships with key decision makers
11. Demonstrate proactive territory management
12. Propose and close professional development plans to support the effective implementation of Techbooks and lay the groundwork, in collaboration with partnerships and PD ECs, for the creation of larger, systemic professional development plans.
13. Execute unique and innovative strategies to grow awareness and increase the new sales of Discovery Education Techbooks.
14. Collaborate with partnerships, marketing, Techbook Adoption and PD EC teams to determine and deliver resources, activities and events focused on building relationships with partners to grow the brand awareness and new sales of Discovery Education Techbooks through the adoption process.
15. Grow the Discovery Education Techbook pipeline for a specific region while using customer relationship management (CRM) tools and reports to determine strategic areas of focus and communicate pipeline status regularly to the Discovery Education Techbook Adoption Director.
Ensure Consistent, Effective Messaging and Communication of Techbook across the Division
16. Participate on regular team calls and other collaborative discussions with the Techbook Adoption team.
17. Travel with members of the educational partnerships teams to ensure flawless messaging, communication and presentation of Discovery Education Techbooks.
18. Provide opportunities to grow the Discovery Education Techbook knowledge and skill set of the partnership teams.
19. Collaborate on the development of Techbook proposals for district partners.
20. Collaborate with internal partners to shepherd clients completely through the sales and implementation process to ensure a smooth transition.
21. Adhere to budget by managing travel and account management expenses.
22. Follow all company policies associated with financial management including the use of the Corporate One Card.
23. Maintain a thorough understanding of DE’s overall goals and strategic vision.
24. Maintain an understanding of industry trends and current events by reading professional publications, researching all available prospect/product resources and participating in professional organizations.
25. Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, organizational and presentation skills.
26. Understand new technologies and industry trends and clearly articulate how they impact Discovery Education.
27. Read professional literature regularly to contribute as a thought-leader and educational expert to DE.
28. Share proactively the information learned in the field to support other teams/regions in meeting their goals.
29. Demonstrate a “problem solving and can-do” approach.
30. Establish strong relationships with colleagues through Discovery Education as well as with all district partners.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Approximately 6-8 years of experience in education preferred.
Background or experiences in sales and/or state level adoptions preferred.
Deep ties to the education community.
Strong knowledge and experience with best practice instruction and research.
Thorough working knowledge of education technology including digital media and emerging web technologies and their application in the educational environment.
Impeccable interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills.
Attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
Must be willing to travel approximately 80% of the time (with seasonal variations).
Must have clear and current clearances in the following three areas: Criminal Records Check, Child Abuse History Clearance, and FBI Fingerprint check in order to conduct business in our partner schools.
Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Back to top