Manager Partner Marketing
Develop strategy and manage partner campaigns for the Discovery portfolio of networks. Position will work in tandem with MVPD/affiliate account teams to build affiliate-based programs designed to drive MVPD objectives, Domestic Distribution and network goals.
1. Develop customized sales and marketing strategy to support Domestic Distribution goals, generate brand awareness and support affiliate business objectives via partner and network promotion vehicles. Conduct research and analysis in order to define market needs, audience segments and understand the competitive landscape. Coordinate with other functional areas to ensure marketing priorities are consistent with network corporate strategic and operational plans. Assess partner campaign performance, engagement and customer satisfaction.
2. Responsible for integrated campaign and program management for multi-platform network strategy designed to support distribution growth objectives.
3. Ability to clearly communicate the unique value proposition of DCI networks to produce impactful marketing opportunities. Work closely with network marketing and research teams to address the needs of a dynamic and fast-evolving affiliate landscape in order to identify and highlight key brand differentiators, exclusive programming and compelling audience insights that reinforce why our networks are a “must have” for affiliates’ and their customers. Proactively update and share information with the account and marketing teams on an on-going basis.
4. Manage relationships for internal and external stakeholders including MVPD Strategy Team, vendors, Discovery Creative Agency, and network teams (Programming, Communications, Finance, Marketing.)
5. Sales strategy and affiliate marketing campaign oversight of assigned brands.
6. Partner marketing strategies may include development and implementation of integrated on-air promotions, TVE, digital and social tactics, direct mail, grass roots events, and custom promotions. Additional responsibilities include budget tracking, vendor management and overseeing media placement.
7. Craft strategy for programs that leverage select network programming events to secure promotional support (unpaid media commitments) from affiliates and drive partner call to action. For example, provide affiliates with content sampling of a tentpole series such as Gold Rush to support affiliate retention or upgrade call to action.
8. Exercise communication best practices to improve the quality, efficiency and accountability of marketing efforts with clients and internal processes.
9. Day-to-day oversight of relevant network sales materials including business-to-business website: Discoveryaffiliate.com, client communication materials including powerpoint, Custom Show, social media and digital touchpoints, etc.
10. As needed, special marketing projects that support key distribution and unpaid media goals for DCI Networks.
Candidate should have a minimum of 5-7 years sales and marketing experience.
Background in partner marketing strategy, event marketing, promotions, budget management, staff management and development.
Must have an understanding of industry, competitive landscape, new technologies, digital and social media.
Must have strong analytical skills to assess key markets and opportunities with a demonstrated ability to build strategic plans that support sales objectives.
Core competencies needed in complex project management, attention to detail and managing diverse workload under tight deadlines.
Self-starter and ability to own and advance projects is essential.
Four-year college degree required.
Limited travel may be required.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Back to top