Manager, Marketing & Digital Strategy
Velocity is the #1 upscale men’s cable network that focuses on thrilling automotive stories for its viewers. Velocity programming is diverse, intelligent and engaging, capturing the best of the human experience as told by the top experts in the field. Formerly HD Theater, the fully HD network is available in 68+ million homes, and viewers can enjoy their favorite shows anytime, anywhere through Velocity Go – the network’s TVE offering featuring live and on demand access to complete seasons. Velocity is a division of Discovery Communications, Inc., the world’s #1 pay-TV programmer reaching nearly 3 billion cumulative subscribers in more than 220 countries and territories.
Partner with the Velocity Marketing team and Digital teams to create and manage marketing strategy and marketing digital elements for the Velocity network. This role is responsible for setting the tone and objectives for marketing campaigns and marketing creative along with assisting in producing sales and conference tapes. In conjunction with the Velocity Marketing and Research leads, develops the Velocity marketing goals and strategy for in-program messaging. Additional responsibilities include the day to day tracking and management of marketing deliverables.
1. Manage and initiate partnerships, barters, and trade outs for key marketing campaigns and brand campaigns.
2. Anticipate large events and promotables looking 360 degrees at the marketing needs from a strategic, creative and digital perspective.
3. Assist producers and marketing managers in creation of marketing campaigns and other special projects.
4. Sets tone and brand messaging by producing marketing briefs and decks
5. Supports marketing efforts by leading digital elements that fold into the overall marketing campaign.
6. Main point of contact for outside departments that rely on Velocity content to support their digital and linear platforms.
7. Produces digital content to support marketing campaigns, to include short form content and stills.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum of 5 years of network experience with 3 years marketing or production experience
Live television experience a plus
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Must work well in a small team environment and be a self-starter
Verbal and written communication, extremely strong interpersonal, organizational, prioritization, and administrative skills.
Ability to cultivate and sustain strong relationships with co-workers and members of the media.
Proficiency in Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and on social media.
Must have legal right to work in the United States.
Back to top