Manager - Enterprise Analytics
As Discovery Communications’ portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
The Global Data Analytics team enables Discovery Communications to turn data into action. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team supports company efforts to increase revenue, drive ratings, and enhance consumer engagement.
The Manager, Enterprise Analytics is responsible for facilitating self-service analytics, data visualization, and data governance solutions across the global enterprise. This position will partner with colleagues in the Global Data Analytics team as well as business users to develop and implement collaborative solutions to data and analytics problems.
1. Manage and promote enterprise rollout of self-service data visualization solutions
2. Prepare and deliver training materials for users of self-service data visualization and analytics tools
3. Provide consultation on self-service data preparation and visualization best practices
4. Build and maintain a corporate data dictionary
5. Promote data literacy through education, outreach, and participation in physical and virtual discussion forums
6. Facilitate discussions with data users to surface and prioritize issues, requirements, and solutions
7. Design and execute informational campaigns to increase awareness of self-service data solutions
8. Organize internal data user forum and events to facilitate peer learning and knowledge exchange
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Analytics, Information Systems, or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
3-5 years professional experience
Familiar with relational and dimensional database technology
Experienced with data visualization and analytics
Agile self-starter and problem solver
Effective at team leadership and project management
Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
Intermediate to Advanced user of Tableau and/or Microsoft Power BI
Beginner to Intermediate SQL skills
Must have legal right to work in the United States
See Inside the Office of Discovery
As the world's #1 nonfiction media company, Discovery Communications fosters exploration and curiosity through its high quality television and online content, reaching more than 2 billion subscribers in over 220 countries and territories around the world. Comprised of more than 160 global television networks, Discovery counts brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, and OWN in its family, and it strives to be a leading worldwide provider of educational tools and digital media services.
Back to top